Looking for a Base Tune

Tuning discussion for all second generation Mazda 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo powered vehicles
omar23sanchez

Looking for a Base Tune

Post by omar23sanchez »

Just finished my build and I was hoping someone here might have a tune they've done for a similar parts list that I could start off with, and continue to MAF Cal/log/tweak/update from there. Thanks in advance.
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Mods: Autotech HPFP, CS oil pan baffle and injector seals, VTCS delete, EGR delete, go fast bits BOV, Damond stage 2 OCC, Catless downpipe w/ straight pipe, Mac 3 port EBC, JBR SRI, AWR 95 Duro motor mounts :drive
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Looking for a Base Tune

Post by mituc »

The only thing you need to actually tune for from your large list of parts is the MAC 3-port EBCS. You can use one of the OTS tunes that are for the Grimspeed EBCS.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
omar23sanchez

Post by omar23sanchez »

Ok. This leads to my second question, is there a topic already made that explains / shows the step by step or even the 101 on where to start / how? I'm willing to put the time to learn, just need to be pointed in the right direction. Once again Thanks in advance.
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Mods: Autotech HPFP, CS oil pan baffle and injector seals, VTCS delete, EGR delete, go fast bits BOV, Damond stage 2 OCC, Catless downpipe w/ straight pipe, Mac 3 port EBC, JBR SRI, AWR 95 Duro motor mounts :drive
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

I suggest to use an OTS tune for now. If you want more from your car a good approach is to hire a professional e-tuner.
Versatuner or some other application require tuning knowledge to actually tune properly a car. Even though you will get a lot of knowledge by browsing the forum pages this is ultimately a forum for Versatuner users, not a tuning academy. So if you have specific questions I'm confident you will get them answered pretty quickly, but you will not find any EFI tuning lessons here.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
omar23sanchez

Post by omar23sanchez »

Thank you for the feedback.