WGDC BCS table BNRs3 EBCS

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
Poachersun

Re: WGDC BCS table BNRs3 EBCS

Post by Poachersun »

Thank you so much, i appreciate you spending the time and having a look at my tune for me. I will take your advise and implement it over the next week :)

Dyno day turned out O.K, luckily i upped the limit KPA Map values in time. Didn't get a chance to run a log before my turn on Dyno so i took out load under 4K, and also dropped some timing out to be safe. All considering those changes it actually did 22-23psi (bounced around a bit!) and made 300whp at 5200rpm. clearly this should increase up in the rev range but was held back on load limits i think.
This was also a super hot day - 35deg c intake temps and 60deg c BAT's, so it was hurting the power. Tuned Gen1's with Ko4, intake and various other bits around 20-22psi were making 260-270WHP.

Can't wait to get her singing smoothly i feel there is another 13-20WHP in it. Then i may look into Meth in tank to help cylinder temps and to increase timing,

I think the Baro settings i did so i didn't get those affecting my WGDC while i tuned, also in NZ i don't think we get too much difference? TBH i just copied this part from another friends tune. I could always change this back to be safe.

Yes i need to fix my App load tables! :) 2nd gear i need to drop load down below 2.0 because i am just wheel spinning and that's just annoying. I assume i need to set 3rd/4th app load limits to above the normal app load request table? As it will take the lowest value, as if it hits the app gear load limits i assume it starts changing throttle body/WGDC to lower load?

I found the Pedal calibration on mazdaspeed forum, surprisingly i find it quite smooth compared to stock and like it :). My car is just a weekend car so usually not in too much traffic, although light load seems fine.

Again thanks and ill post an update in a week or so once i have analysed my log data from the dyno run - ill fix fueling and the rpm to 6700 also, i don't even barely go over 6000, 6500rpm max so doesn't bother me (I used to own a 2L 9500rpm non turbo screamer which was fun, but the Torque and power of the Mazdaspeed is so much better without having to rev!)
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

In-tank meth as well as E85 will soon take you in the need of aux fuelling with a larger than stock turbo (which you have).
I know that in AUS there are a lot of E85 stations, but I'm not sure about NZ where you are.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Poachersun

Post by Poachersun »

E85 is only 40min away(i am west auckland). I can buy 20L of meth through work making it well priced. If i start getting close to the limit i can always spray meth instead.

There is a guy here pd tuned fully bolted bnr s3 gen1 ewg etc so a few more mods than me runng e85 he is probably at the limit and hitting around 280 to 300wkw (nearly 400whp) which is getting to the limit of stock block and fueling.

Ill be happy with 350whp :D. Although i did say i would be happy with 300 lol
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

To be honest for a street driven mild/high power car WMI seems to be a better idea. When you're driving normal you have the efficiency of a normal fuel which is available anywhere any time. When you want more you can always have 2-4 litres of water/meth mix in the trunk.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP