Hella tuning issues

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
DarthTater92

Hella tuning issues

Post by DarthTater92 »

So, I bought a '12 MS3 about a year ago completely ignorant to what I was getting into. Since I bought it I've been having intermittent issues with dropping into limp mode but it's only gotten really bad as of about 3 months ago resulting in having to park it somewhere safe to continue working on it.
3" HTP turbo inlet
3.5 CS BAR MAP
EGR delete
VTCS delete
K04 spec EMUSA turbo
Autotech HPFP
FMIC swap with 2.5" plumbing

Now once I heard about VT I downloaded the free version so I could read DTC and log data. Once I downloaded the full version ALL of my previous logs were deleted so if there's any way to retrieve that please let me know. It sucks because I need to compare to the previous tune because when I installed VT on my speed, it had to erase the tune and now the engine won't hold idle. I need some help guys. I ordered a new bosch 3 BAR MAP because I think the 3.5 BAR CS might be what was throwing my p0069 code and that would constantly pop up. Any ideas why I can't hold an idle?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Hella tuning issues

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Your logs remain in the free version of VersaTuner. Just run VersaTuner Free from the Start menu to find them.
It's hard to say anything specific without a full list of DTCs and some logs. You need to at least calibrate your MAF to begin with.
DarthTater92

Post by DarthTater92 »

ok, so turns out that the problems I was having was because of a faulty CS MAP sensor. I bought a 3BAR Bosch and installed it, vacuum leak went away, I am no longer starting up in limp mode. Now, as far as a MAFcal. I've done my first log, but how do I edit/reflash edited map? I have a base MAFcal but I am running a bit lean. Is there a thread where I can find sort of a step by step?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

DarthTater92

Post by DarthTater92 »

perfect, thanks bud