Injector scaling

VersaTuner for Mazda RX-8
JoeyTheAsian

Injector scaling

Post by JoeyTheAsian »

About to upgrade secondary injectors to 1200cc injectors.

Versatuner supports injector scaling parameters for "1,2,3". I was wondering which injectors these correspond specifically to.
I assume they are P1, P2, Secondary, but I'd like to make sure before I flash and test the tune.
ChrisGi

Re: Injector scaling

Post by ChrisGi »

Just out of curiosity, how dangerous would it be to get this wrong before you flash and test the tune? What would go wrong?
Donweaver02

Post by Donweaver02 »

I’m in the same boat.... I really need to know which injectors I am scaling when it comes to 1, 2 and 3. If anyone has the answer that would be awesome.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

I just checked - the 4 port (low power) RX-8 ECU ROMs have Injector Scaling 3 set to zero, so it must be primary 2.
Injector Scaling 1 and 2 is most probably primary 1 and secondary, but I would need to dig into the code to tell for sure.
WankeYankey

Post by WankeYankey »

Also wanting to clarify if these flow rate values are in cc's or maybe a different unit? My base tune seems to have the injectors set to 369 and 475 but I was under the impression the red primary injectors were 290cc and 380cc for the yellow p2s and secondaries, even the blue injectors only had 420cc if I remember correctly.
wcs

Post by wcs »

Did you ever get this sorted out?

I think I can help you out with the Injector Size Scaling as I've had to mess with this using the old Cobb ATR software which is very similar to VT.
Let me know and I'll post how I adjusted the sizing.

My question is about the Injector Latency.
Did the manufacture you bought your 1200cc injectors from give you a Latency table in a format that works on VT?
Hiddeninsight

Post by Hiddeninsight »

Just checked the base tune for my 4 port at version.

Injector scaling 1: 369.472
Injector scaling 2: 626.2243

Knowing how this is calculated would be helpful, because if it's in cc it's not a true injector value but some form of calculated one based on other factors.

WankeYankey wrote: August 16th, 2021, 12:23 pm Also wanting to clarify if these flow rate values are in cc's or maybe a different unit? My base tune seems to have the injectors set to 369 and 475 but I was under the impression the red primary injectors were 290cc and 380cc for the yellow p2s and secondaries, even the blue injectors only had 420cc if I remember correctly.
d-LoiX

Post by d-LoiX »

Following is it cc o ms for the injector pulse width?