Coming Soon!

VersaTuner for Mazda RX-8
REtali8

Re: Coming Soon!

Post by REtali8 »

I usually email about once every 4 to 5 weeks. Looks like it's slipped to almost 7 weeks this time. Guess I'll send one now.
paimon.soror

Post by paimon.soror »

I tried emailing about a week or two ago to no response. Unfortunately I just can't wait any longer and had no choice but to purchase another vendor's tuning software. I was really excited about this product too after the data I provided and the preliminary testing. Meh. :cry:
Anxiously waiting to be tuned with Image :D
AFE | AEM | BHR | MazdaSpeed | Goodridge | LS2 | SSaver | Stance | Swift | Ingalls | RB | Progress Tech | Evo-R | x920BT | Prosport | Lotek | Voodoo | Shock Sensor
REtali8

Post by REtali8 »

The screen shots you showed in the RX8Club.com forum excited me as well. A few others I have talked with are interested in VersaTune as well. I've seen the software you purchased and am hoping I don't have to go to it. I drove to a tuning shop (few hours away) that used it and actually knew the programmer. Even they had a bit of difficulty working with the software. Will hold out a bit longer, knowing our platform is an "oddball" one for tuning, but hope to hear something before beginning of next year or I may have to go the other route.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

The issue that we're dealing with is how these ECUs behave after a failed flash. They tend to brick. We don't want to release until we are certain that there won't be a failed flash (unlikely due to variety of PCs/cables/low batt, etc.), or we can change how it reacts to a failed flash. We don't want to leave people with a bricked ECU.
REtali8

Post by REtali8 »

Steve, thanks for chiming in on thread. I know that is the response customer service has given me for past few months, but is there any headway or light at the end of the tunnel? I know there is a procedure discussed on our RX8club.com forum for users of MazdaEdit if the update process gets interrupted to help it not brick. As a potential customer, I very much appreciate the care given to protect the consumer, but also want a product I can buy in the near future.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

RX-8 support launches today!!!
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Will it support the 192bhp versions or only 2009+ versions?
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
paimon.soror

Post by paimon.soror »

Glad to see this released and regularly updated! Wish I got a chance to try out one of the production releases but I got a bit impatient. Was a pleasure working with Steve though.
Anxiously waiting to be tuned with Image :D
AFE | AEM | BHR | MazdaSpeed | Goodridge | LS2 | SSaver | Stance | Swift | Ingalls | RB | Progress Tech | Evo-R | x920BT | Prosport | Lotek | Voodoo | Shock Sensor
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

mituc wrote:Will it support the 192bhp versions or only 2009+ versions?
Only Series II 2009- are supported.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

paimon.soror wrote:Glad to see this released and regularly updated! Wish I got a chance to try out one of the production releases but I got a bit impatient. Was a pleasure working with Steve though.
Thanks for all of your help.