Load Axis - Units, what are they!?

VersaTuner for Mazda RX-8
equinox92

Load Axis - Units, what are they!?

Post by equinox92 »

Kinda of getting a bit frustrated with the user interface for the tuning portion of the software as the descriptions of what the axis (and sometimes table values) is really hard to understand. I finally found out how to change the units, having to do it in the dashboard, and that helped solve some of my woes. I can see the MAF now displaying in g/sec.

However: When it comes to the load axis on some tables I have no idea what the units need to be. Take the AFR1 table for example.

It just says LOAD. Now.. I assume this is g/rev just based on the values.. but it also kind of seems low. To be fair, I am used to tuning forced induction cars where the air being thrown in is much higher.. but some clarification would be nice.

So the question is simple: What units are the load axis in!? Are they all the same? Why can't it be displayed like other units are?

Another question that isn't as simple, and maybe this is best fit for the Software forum but: Why aren't my fuel units consistent? I set it to gasoline AFR and see that in the fueling tables, but for things like "Lambda Limit - ECT" it reads in lambda still.. kind of annoying.

Last one: If there are unknown values inside of this ROM, why display them at all? Better yet, it would be nice if the Versatune community was given access to some of the binaries to be able to figure these tables out. I have no problem doing that... but it's annoying to have a "well we think this is this" on a saleable product.

Anyways, sorry, that turned into a bit of a rant when really I just want to know what the load units are. Thanks!
Attachments
afer.PNG
afer.PNG (106.49 KiB) Viewed 3226 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Load Axis - Units, what are they!?

Post by mituc »

2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP