Apparent PCM locked

VersaTuner for Mazda RX-8
aorlozada

Apparent PCM locked

Post by aorlozada »

Hi, trying too solve issue i connection. Cannot connect to pcm with versatune to reflash , a pop up appears sayin that the computer is locked and offer to do a factory flash, but and error pop up appears too. Try to connect with a diagnostic tool that I use everyday to monitor coolant temperature and error too. Now when put the key in ON, anti theft symbol flashes until it gives me code 16. Already do what said in forums about “reset” the anti theft, but nothing.

Rx8 2006 6port

Thanks for any help
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Apparent PCM locked

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Please provide exact texts of error messages, because it is not clear whether the ECU is locked by a 3rd party tune that VersaTuner cannot remove or the flash did not complete and the ECU is waiting for a recovery flash.
If the flash process got interrupted, start by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to fully reset the ECU.
Then click "Return car to stock" in VersaTuner. It should offer a recovery flash. Accept that.
Once it completes, the car should start and you should be able to reinstall VersaTuner on the car and flash a tune.
Make sure the vehicle interface is firmly seated in the OBD-II port, use some contact cleaner on the OBD-II pins, if necessary.
Additionally, make sure that no other aftermarket devices are connected to the OBD-II port or the CAN bus of the vehicle while you are flashing or logging with VersaTuner.
aorlozada

Post by aorlozada »

Ok, the car is with the battery disconnected from yesterday, I’ll try to do the return flash, hopefully it will work, if not I’ll get photos from the messages in screen. Versatune is the only flashing tool used on car and Im using OBDLinkSX. Thanks
aorlozada

Post by aorlozada »

Ugnius, did what you said and it’s working again. For me, the battery disconnected for a few minutes didn’t work. I disconnected the battery for about 12 hours, because of job, and do your instructions, first, like yesterday, it didn’t see the ECU, but when prompt to do the factory flash by the program, this time it works, ready for it again. Very Thanks for the support!! :woohooo :woohooo