unable to load user supplied tune

VersaTuner for Mazda RX-8
Tedley

unable to load user supplied tune

Post by Tedley »

Good morning,
I am trying to load the tune supplied by another user and have no ability to edit this on my PC (greyed out Edit and Load buttons). The tune was created in version 1.0 for a Series 1 RX8 and I have version 1.05 and a Series 2 RX8 with a Personal license. Are any of these the root of the issue? The tune in question is Zen's Cable Throttle tune. What I am trying to accomplish is to copy the throttle tables to excel so I can review and make changes.
Thanks for your help
zenvirzan

Re: unable to load user supplied tune

Post by zenvirzan »

I'm not sure if you can open S1 tunes when Versatuner knows you have an S2. I'd assume not, as I believe they have different tables.

I've updated the first post on my Zen's Cable Throttle tune thread to contain the tables in a bunch of different file formats so you don't need to rely on the screenshots. Versatuner supports copying to and from Excel, so I assume that'd be the easiest way to copy them into an S2 tune, just be careful and make sure your axes are configured correctly :thumbup
Tedley

Re: unable to load user supplied tune

Post by Tedley »

That would make sense to lock out the ability to apply a series 1 tune to a series 2. That idea hadn’t occurred to me since it seems to be a great way to mess up a car in a hurry. I was more looking to copy/paste values. After spending quality time yesterday on a 15” screen split to show your screen captures and my edited tune the need to lock tunes to vehicle series is reinforced. There are less fields available in the tables for the series 2. Today I’ll confirm my fat fingers did the right thing. No rush as there’s 35cm snow on the road.