Ghost Port Tune?

VersaTuner for Mazda RX-8
Mblade618

Ghost Port Tune?

Post by Mblade618 »

Does anyone have any knowledge of how someone makes a ghost port tune on an rx8 for 6 port? Or does anyone have a usable tune?
0124alexrx8

Re: Ghost Port Tune?

Post by 0124alexrx8 »

Today after almost 6 months (not like I was trying every day or something) I got a somewhat ghost bridgeport tune. It's on my laptop so I don't have it in this PC, but once I connect the laptop to internet, I'll upload it to my drive and post some updates on it. It wasn't hard, it wasn't easy either. I needed mr 80HD's tune as base, but I modified Idle leading timing RPM correction map (1st half to 0 is set to 20, 0 is set to 0, and after it's -20), and Idle Leading Timing is -20 -20 20 20 25 30. As for trailing, I've read someone saying that it's not important at all, but just in case, I did almost the same. Idle Trailing timing is -18 -18 20 20 20, and Idle Trailing Timing RPM Correction is -15 all the way to 0, 0 is 0 and the rest is 15.

As I said, this is my first attempt, it does brap, very inconsistent, the part with the vibration I was aware from posts on Reddit, but for now it sounds very rough. I like it, but at the same time I feel like it could sound better than this (probably changing trailing charts like they were done by 80HD or even stock and not messing with it. I'll update as I modify it, because right now I'm just perfecting my own tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qO3Ik4063Jk there's the result of it. You may not notice it in the video, but beside me being retarded, out of the video it sounds way more rough, actually like little pops coming out of the exhaust when "brapping".