Help with creating a tune for S2 w/ mods

Tuning discussion for all second generation Mazda RX-8 (2009-2011)
dlendon

Help with creating a tune for S2 w/ mods

Post by dlendon »

Hi, I just purchased the full version VersaTuner and am curious if anyone has any recommendations for a good baseline tune given the following:
The car is a 2009 Touring 6MT w/ less than 2k mi on Mazda Reman motor, 52k on trans/chassis)

The following mods have less than 2,000 miles on them, as they were installed with the reman engine.

BHR Ignition System
BHR Motor Mounts
ACT ProLite Flywheel
Racing Beat Exhaust Header
Magnaflow High-Flow Cat
Agency Power Cat-Back (I also have the cat-less AP midpipe, but had to replace it due to sound)
Agency Power Crank Pulley
Koyorad Racing Radiator
Mishimoto Racing Thermostat
KN Drop in Intake Filter
bigbd03

Re: Help with creating a tune for S2 w/ mods

Post by bigbd03 »

dlendon wrote:Hi, I just purchased the full version VersaTuner and am curious if anyone has any recommendations for a good baseline tune given the following:
The car is a 2009 Touring 6MT w/ less than 2k mi on Mazda Reman motor, 52k on trans/chassis)

The following mods have less than 2,000 miles on them, as they were installed with the reman engine.

BHR Ignition System
BHR Motor Mounts
ACT ProLite Flywheel
Racing Beat Exhaust Header
Magnaflow High-Flow Cat
Agency Power Cat-Back (I also have the cat-less AP midpipe, but had to replace it due to sound)
Agency Power Crank Pulley
Koyorad Racing Radiator
Mishimoto Racing Thermostat
KN Drop in Intake Filter
Use the version 1.04 tune for high flow cat and cat back. That's all you have. Maybe get with someone about adjusting dwell or ignition, that's about it.