Max operating load bug?

Tuning discussion for all second generation Mazda RX-8 (2009-2011)
tunerman

Max operating load bug?

Post by tunerman »

I recently tuned my max operating load to from 1.1 to 1.4 to see if my ecu was limiting engine load and it working their was a decent performce increase around 10-15% of extra air through the while powerband the load reacher around 1.2 afterwards i tried playing this the axis table to tell the car to carry on load to a higher rpm and when i was testing it i noticed it was stoping itself from going over 1.1 and for that less air was going into the motor than before so their was a powerloss i reverted back the axis tables and this was still the case ive tried disconnecting the battery and flashing the tune on a different computer and this load restriction bug was still happening does anyone have a solutiong to this? Has anyone seen anything like this
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Max operating load bug?

Post by mituc »

If your RX8 turbocharger or supercharged?
On a naturally aspirated application you can get up to load 1.1 due to scavenging (I think this is especially on the Renesys 13B engines), but past that there's no way the engine can suck up more air past its naturally aspirated volumetric efficiency.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
tunerman

Re: Max operating load bug?

Post by tunerman »

it not forced inducted but its pretty heavily modified with an aem intake full exhuast with ported exhuasts along with other mods
in the photos the one thats at 1.187 load was what it was doing before i changed the axis and i think i glitched out the tables on the ecu even after reverting back it still limits itself
Attachments
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (4).png (452.51 KiB) Viewed 3826 times
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (508.42 KiB) Viewed 3826 times