Fan temperature trigger

Tuning discussion for all second generation Mazda RX-8 (2009-2011)
Tedley

Fan temperature trigger

Post by Tedley »

I’m new to this world. My copy of VersaTune is the personal version which has prevented me from creating my own tunes. Prior to spending another $150 USD to rectify my mistake in not getting the professional version may I request another canned tune? I use the Revi intake cat less mid pipe tune which most closely resembles my car set up. I’m wanting to run lower cooling fan trigger temperatures by around 20° F.
In the near future I will be upgrading since my MAF calibration logs are not able to be applied with the personal version. At the time of purchase I misunderstood your literature regarding what version unlocked the software capabilities. My understanding was personal version unlocked for one vehicle and professional unlocked for multiple vehicles.
Thank you
2010 RX8
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Fan temperature trigger

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

There are 4 editions of VersaTuner:
VersaTuner Free - only data logging and DTC reading/clearing
VersaTuner Lite ($249) - able to flash prebuilt tunes or tunes built by e-tuners to a single vehicle. You can only customize the settings available in the Tune Customizer.
VersaTuner (also called the full personal version, $399) - adds a tune editor, but is still locked to a single vehicle.
VersaTuner Professional - is offered as a monthly subscription and is aimed at professional tuning shops and e-tuners. Allows tuning multiple vehicles and building tunes the can be flashed with VersaTuner Lite.
Hopefully that explains it better.
slipshod

Post by slipshod »

So with the Personal Lite version, can I set a temperate to trigger the fans below the stock temp?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

slipshod wrote: June 13th, 2022, 12:36 pm So with the Personal Lite version, can I set a temperate to trigger the fans below the stock temp?
No, fan settings are only available in the Tune Editor, you need the full version to adjust those.
Tedley

Post by Tedley »

I did the upgrade to full license last night and adjusted fan trigger temps. The upgrade to full license process was instant - appreciate the response time.