Tune development

VersaTuner for Mazda SkyActiv Diesel powered vehicles
Brnt84

Re: Tune development

Post by Brnt84 »

Looks like the new update includes: Added new exhaust O2 limit tables for Mazda 3 diesel, will this let the tune run richer ? Anyone know ?
mk_

Post by mk_ »

Brnt84 wrote: November 4th, 2021, 7:51 pm Looks like the new update includes: Added new exhaust O2 limit tables for Mazda 3 diesel, will this let the tune run richer ? Anyone know ?
I worked with VersaTune guys on identifying and testing those O2 tables. Modifying those tables allowed me to create tune with peak power of 200HP at 4000 RPM. But this tune affects values only after 3000RPM, because there is another issue which I still wasn't able to solve. If I increase power below 3000 RPM, I will get boost oscillations after bigger turbo kicks in.
Below is Virtual Dyno graph of 175HP tune and my tune.

I don't see option to attach files to this post so I've uploaded tune to online sharing site. File will expire in 30 days.
MK tune v5.60.vtune

If someone is interested in helping me test and develop new tune that could solve this boost oscillations, please PM me so I can send you tune and instructions.
Oxy90

Post by Oxy90 »

Is 3000rpm the changeover for the turbo?
mk_

Post by mk_ »

Oxy90 wrote: November 7th, 2021, 6:01 am Is 3000rpm the changeover for the turbo?
It's approximately 2700 RPM.
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Cheers for the tune, have downloaded and flashed it this evening. How were the egt's with this tune, any chance you post a link to download the logs so I can study them? Also how did the changes you made with the O2 tables affect how the tune behaved?
mk_

Post by mk_ »

Jpk wrote: November 7th, 2021, 2:38 pm Cheers for the tune, have downloaded and flashed it this evening. How were the egt's with this tune, any chance you post a link to download the logs so I can study them? Also how did the changes you made with the O2 tables affect how the tune behaved?
I didn't change factory EGT limit, my max values were between 750 and 790.
Before updating O2 tables, I would get fuel cuts in higher RPM. With O2 changes fuel line is smooth, no cuts.
Brnt84

Post by Brnt84 »

Surely if these tables have managed to solve the EGT fuel cut issue and give more HP, the Versatuner guys can update the beta tune for us all to test…
Oxy90

Post by Oxy90 »

Has anyone been running MK tune? And how are they finding it?. Thanks
sircrysler

Post by sircrysler »

I'm using MK tune now. It looks very good for now. All i can say is lot of power without issues like fuel cuts or power drops. There is also less turbo lag when changing gears than with 1.08 tune. Should be nice to see how will perform when outside temp goes higher.
Themensch

Post by Themensch »

Hi guys, would like to try the MK Tune.

@mk_ : Can i ask you to share it again ? Or could someone else do ?
Thanks in advance! :bow