Tune development

VersaTuner for Mazda SkyActiv Diesel powered vehicles
samuel

Re: Tune development

Post by samuel »

Hello,

Is it possible to use MK tune on Gen1 (CX-5)?

Best Regards,
Samo
dmalovic

Post by dmalovic »

At 214000km (M6 Wagon, 2014, MTX 150HP) I finally had EGR flow problems, and I knew I needed intake cleaning. No other interventions on the car, washers never changed, and it ran perfectly. Camshaft and oil screen inspected, no clogging or wear?!

The service cleaned everything, sent me the before and after pics. And they put the latest ECU software on. After the service, the car lost most of the power, no DTC, all vacuum lines OK. Only noticed frequent regens and oil overheating on long uphills, at full throttle, as the car would slow down and not pull up the hill.

Long story short, the service replaced my injectors with a set of used ones (offer no warranty, will not tell me what mileage injectors have), but even at stock 150hp (M6 Wagon, 2014) the car drives like a rocket. I write this as some others might have the same problem. I think the service damaged my injectors, but I cannot prove it. :(

My question for you guys is, what tune to go to. Used 1.08 before and was OK with it, but did not test others. Now in this thread I see that people recommend the stock 175HP upgrade, or the beta 2.04. It's mid 2022, what tune do you guys use? What do you recommend.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Do not put any tune on it until you fix it.
You should take a few logs though and see what changes.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
dmalovic

Post by dmalovic »

mituc wrote: July 25th, 2022, 2:29 am Do not put any tune on it until you fix it.
You should take a few logs though and see what changes.
The replacement used injectors seem to have fixed everything. The car drives like crazy compared to before. So now the question is how to further improve it ;). All joking aside, some people claim the tunes help the engine run better and cleaner, optimizing for power rather than emissions. I ascribed my 220k km without any problems to being tuned, but it may just be a coincidence.

Anyhow, any recommendation of a tune would be greatly appreciated.

Domi
Gavin601

Post by Gavin601 »

I'm on base 1.06 since I'm located in tropical country with no winters, hot, humid all year round. It works a treat, just today was 36C and cruising highway 120kmh no hesitation to just get up and go to 140 150. I however am running Odula oversized intercooler
Gavin601

Post by Gavin601 »

dmalovic wrote: July 24th, 2022, 10:41 pm At 214000km (M6 Wagon, 2014, MTX 150HP) I finally had EGR flow problems, and I knew I needed intake cleaning. No other interventions on the car, washers never changed, and it ran perfectly. Camshaft and oil screen inspected, no clogging or wear?!

The service cleaned everything, sent me the before and after pics. And they put the latest ECU software on. After the service, the car lost most of the power, no DTC, all vacuum lines OK. Only noticed frequent regens and oil overheating on long uphills, at full throttle, as the car would slow down and not pull up the hill.

Long story short, the service replaced my injectors with a set of used ones (offer no warranty, will not tell me what mileage injectors have), but even at stock 150hp (M6 Wagon, 2014) the car drives like a rocket. I write this as some others might have the same problem. I think the service damaged my injectors, but I cannot prove it. :(

My question for you guys is, what tune to go to. Used 1.08 before and was OK with it, but did not test others. Now in this thread I see that people recommend the stock 175HP upgrade, or the beta 2.04. It's mid 2022, what tune do you guys use? What do you recommend.
Our experience in Malaysia where we have the 175HP in the CX5 and Mazda 6, there are 2 drivers in our loose community of WhatsApp owners, lolz, both drive like they are from the Taxi movie. Either pedal to the floor or idling, nothing in between unless you count in the legendary traffic jams.

The cx5 changes oil every 5000km, the Mazda 6 10,000km according to recommended official dealer. The cx5 has not had a single problem, the Mazda 6 has gone though waste gate pin = new turbo and injector seals. Thus the general consensus is half the oil change intervals and things should be better for reliability
seals,
.p4nzer

Post by .p4nzer »

mk_ wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 12:13 am This is the latest version of my tune. I do daily drive it, but still didn't have a chance to test it in really high temps. It feels good and there is a noticeable power increase.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vNlE7n ... sp=sharing
This link doesn't work anymore, sadly. Would it be possible to have your tune? Pleaseeee ;)

How is it going on your car?