New v1.08 tunes published in the database

VersaTuner for Mazda SkyActiv Diesel powered vehicles
bamse1

Re: New v1.08 tunes published in the database

Post by bamse1 »

Hi Steve, any news regarding the 1.10 version?
It's been over 1 year!! since you've announced it...
bamse1

Post by bamse1 »

So it seems that you won't release the 1.10 version after all.
Is there any reason we should keep watching this forum and ask about the so called "next release"?

Steve, Ugnius, any kind of reply would be nice, since you don't even bother to post answers anymore...
Rankle

Post by Rankle »

Last time I asked just after Christmas. Steve was still working on getting around the rising EGT in hot weather.

I suspect this will be developed further when the summer rolls back around for Steve’s local country.
bamse1

Post by bamse1 »

And I suspect there won't be any newer version, since the guys here already cashed their money for this product and - as you can see - they don't even bother to post here anymore.
This must be a lesson for me, not to buy software from unreliable sources from now on - they promised regular updates / soft versions and they don't deliver.
I should've known better and stayed with my local tuner...
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The problem was obvious mainly in hot weather. With no one willing to test a tune that supposedly fixed the issue there is no official new tune.
I'm not picking sides here but only observing and stating the obvious...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

bamse1 wrote:And I suspect there won't be any newer version, since the guys here already cashed their money for this product and - as you can see - they don't even bother to post here anymore.
This must be a lesson for me, not to buy software from unreliable sources from now on - they promised regular updates / soft versions and they don't deliver.
I should've known better and stayed with my local tuner...
The problem only manifests itself in hot ambient temperatures. Since we do not have a SkyActiv-D test vehicle of our own, we have been trying to find testers who could reproduce the issue and test our changes, but it's hard to do that in winter. We will definitely continue working on the problem as soon as it gets warm enough to reproduce this issue.
We are really sorry about these issues and we want to have them resolved as much as you do.
We have also been busy working on the software update and it will be released soon.
bamse1

Post by bamse1 »

mituc your observation could have been correct only if Versatune would have been a free software (only then one could argue that he has no available test cars, since he's under no obligation to update / improve the original product), but if someone takes my money for a product which they say will get regular updates and stable tune maps, then they must deliver that !

ugnius please bare in mind that the promised update 1.10 has the status "work in progress" since october-november 2016!! if my memory serves me well - you guys had a whole spring-summer 2017 season to do the necessary improvements, so you can't argue now that you have to wait for the summer 2018 season...
Also consider the fact that many Mazda 6 owners could even change their cars in an almost 2 year waiting period...

All in all thank you for at least responding to our questions - hope to see the 1.10 version as soon as possible.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

You are right, this issue has persisted for a long time and we are really sorry about it. I will personally make sure that it gets addressed as soon as possible.
On the other hand it is not entirely fair to say that the product is not doing what is intended. There are other tune versions published that are stable, but have slightly lower power. Trying to squeeze out the last drops of horsepower is always hard.
bamse1

Post by bamse1 »

Ugnius it is true that we have one other tune file available (1.06 to be more precise) besides the unreliable 1.08 - the others are either "standard" versions (150hp to 175hp upgrade) or "special" versions (valet and anti-theft) that don't actually count as proper tuning files.

I'm not saying that the product isn't doing what is intended, only that for one single tune (1.06, which also has some issues and doesn't give much extra power - this is why you guys released 1.08 after all...) it isn't a competitive one.

Looking forward for the next tune file!
shr3k

Post by shr3k »

Steve @ VersaTune wrote:Email me at [email protected] with your vehicle platform info. I'll send you the tune.
Done...
2004 Mazda3 Sedan 1.6 MZ-CD 115hp; 2007 Mazda5 2.0 MZR-CD 145hp; 2009 Mazda6 WGN 2.2 MZR-CD 185hp, 2014 Mazda6 WGN 2.2 CD 175hp A/T VersaTuned - my exs
2019 Mazda2 1.5 A/T 90hp selftuned, 2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer 2.0T 4x4 320hp EDS Phase 2+