New v1.08 tunes published in the database

VersaTuner for Mazda SkyActiv Diesel powered vehicles
traianburz

Re: New v1.08 tunes published in the database

Post by traianburz »

Hello everyone,

Query: I have the 2.2, 150 bhp version, auto tranny and I would like to take it to 175 bhp (stock version maps) Can anyone advise if they performed this upgrade and how it works ? I am a little bit skeptical to buy the software now, taking into consideration that there's not too much activity or improvements going on from the vendor side ?

Thanks,
asphyx82

Post by asphyx82 »

Is this a dead project? ... Can we have a release date? ......or should we abandon Versatune??
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

traianburz wrote:Hello everyone,

Query: I have the 2.2, 150 bhp version, auto tranny and I would like to take it to 175 bhp (stock version maps) Can anyone advise if they performed this upgrade and how it works ? I am a little bit skeptical to buy the software now, taking into consideration that there's not too much activity or improvements going on from the vendor side ?

Thanks,
We analyzed and compared factory ECU calibrations for 150 HP and 175 HP engines. They are almost identical with differences only in 4 tables. What we did is created a tune that only changes those 4 tables to the factory values for 175 HP engines. There are no our own additions or optimizations. So what you get is an ECU that behaves exactly as a 175 HP ECU would behave straight from the factory.
asphyx82 wrote:Is this a dead project? ... Can we have a release date? ......or should we abandon Versatune??
This project is not dead, but we have been working on a general update for VersaTuner for a while. We will release it very soon and focus on the specific issues in SkyActiv-D platforms right after that. I wish we had more resources to work on everything at the same time, but that is not the case, unfortunately.
shr3k

Post by shr3k »

What I noticed it looks like power dropouts (EGT limiter bouncing driving on highway > 150 km/h with outside temps higher than 20 degrees C) are connected with DPF regeneration. I will sell the car without VersaTune as I can't however guarantee flawless behavior to a new owner who is not exactly a geek. I'm a little disappointed with this development. The car goes great, but there is a lot of conditions for regular driver.
2004 Mazda3 Sedan 1.6 MZ-CD 115hp; 2007 Mazda5 2.0 MZR-CD 145hp; 2009 Mazda6 WGN 2.2 MZR-CD 185hp, 2014 Mazda6 WGN 2.2 CD 175hp A/T VersaTuned - my exs
2019 Mazda2 1.5 A/T 90hp selftuned, 2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer 2.0T 4x4 320hp EDS Phase 2+
jasonmillsnz

Post by jasonmillsnz »

Hi,

What is considered to be higher than normal ambient temperatures. Would love to help test but not sure if NZ has those temps : :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Rankle

Post by Rankle »

Hey guys. Do we have an update on this one?
asphyx82

Post by asphyx82 »

oh oh oh ...... waiting for winter you solve the problem!! ....... last software update was 28/11/2016
jelon1030

Post by jelon1030 »

Hi All,

I was thinking about my next car once my PCP on this one ends and was checking about next Mazda 6 or if they'll have any hybrids coming soon. Looks like Mazda is quite confident of what they're doing with skyactive. They say there'll be no electric engines and they'll make their skyactive technology more efficient and 'green' than hybrids, so guys from Versatune please don't give up on these! :-)

We understand you have limited access to diesels in USA. I wish we had CX9 in UK!

I had a service recently and had to put it back to 150 and can't imagine staying with it now! It's all because of co2 emission here, but if they're putting limits, there is even bigger area to work for you guys. 175 for this size car is a minimum for me. 1.08 tune is about right, gives more fun, but it's something that should be a standard for family cars.
I've seen Skoda Kodiaq with 125bhp engine! They're killing it...

I installed 1.08, had it all winter and it was all fine. Noticed less power in higher rpms recently when temperature increased above 25C.
I will tune it to 1.06 now and try to do a rolling road test. I'm curious what are hard numbers for this one.

If you need any help with testing new tunes let me know, I'm happy to help. It's quite hot here in UK now. I'm not much worrying about notyfing my insurer or car warranty. I trust you guys :-P

I wish we had 220bhp tune for our 2.2d :-) Is it possible without changing any parts and keeping correct EGT in place?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

I know you are not looking for excuses, but Mazda is making it harder and harder for companies like us to enable tuning of their latest vehicles. All kinds of new protection schemes are introduced, the code in the ECU is getting more and more complex, the size of the ROM is doubling in every generation of cars. There can be as much as 10 000 tables and constants in a 2 MB ROM.
As a result, it is taking us much longer than anticipated to analyze the ECU and understand the control strategies. If it was an RX-8 with a 512 KB ROM, we would have found the solution a long time ago.
Now that the VersaTuner update is out we will focus on fixing the issues in the tunes. We are receiving our own personal dyno soon, so we will be able to test and perfect tunes much quicker than before, as well as provide precise HP numbers for all of our tunes and their revisions.
There are rumors of a SkyActiv-D Mazda 6 coming to the US. We'll see if that turns out to be true, could be an opportunity for us to work on those tunes first hand.
I don't know if 220 HP is doable with stock parts, most places list 210 HP, but these numbers vary a lot depending on how you measure them (wheel vs crank, SAE vs ISO, altitude and temperature corrections, etc.)
To sum up, we are still working on that, but things are going slow. I hope we can dedicate more time to that now and make better progress.
Rankle

Post by Rankle »

Hey guys,

Presence on the forums and assuring us it is being worked on is good to hear . Please don’t be shy and keep us updated.

Had Versatune on my MK1 MPS and was gutted when I had to get rid of the MPS. Was so happy when I saw you guys tuned the sky activ models too .

Keep going guys!