Prep for a recall

VersaTuner for Mazda SkyActiv Diesel powered vehicles
Rankle

Prep for a recall

Post by Rankle »

Hi guys,

Got a recall from Mazda to rectify an issue with the ‘power train control module’. This is apparently to stop an injector fault from occurring.

From my understanding, Versatune ‘locks’ the ECU when on the car. So Mazda would not be able to do the required repair whilst they have it.

Can you give me a process of what is needed to get my Mazda ready for its recall appointment?

Thanks
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Prep for a recall

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

1. Click the "Return Car to Stock" button to restore the ECU back to stock before going to the dealership. This will make sure that the dealership will not see a changed Calibration Verification Number that does not match up to any of the official tunes.
2. After you return, open Settings and then open the VersaTuner data folder. Rename the file in the folder that is named [YOURVIN].bck. This is your firmware backup. Renaming or deleting it will force VersaTuner to make a new backup when you install it on the car again.
3. Install VersaTuner on the car again.

Our base tune might not include the latest Mazda fixes, so please let us know what your ECU calibration ID is (shown on the home screen) and we will update our base tune if necessary and send you an update.
Rankle

Post by Rankle »

Thanks Ugnius,

Do I provide the ECU calibration ID before applying the base tune again? Or does it not matter?

Thanks
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Doesn't matter