Tune development

VersaTuner for Mazda SkyActiv Diesel powered vehicles
Jpk

Re: Tune development

Post by Jpk »

I know how you feel, I've been checking back on here at least twice a day hoping for updates. I'm very very excited about this
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

We are currently adding the tables to all supported SkyActiv-D calibrations. There are a lot of them, so it takes a while. We will then work on the tunes.
shr3k

Post by shr3k »

Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote: September 10th, 2020, 7:05 am We are currently adding the tables to all supported SkyActiv-D calibrations. There are a lot of them, so it takes a while. We will then work on the tunes.
I'm glad the SH DAMOS project helped. Even with the tune from ATM Chiptuning with > 200 hp dynoed. ;) As I mentioned above, this is another method of tuning the SH engine - via start of injection etc.

Would it be presumptuous to apply reciprocally for one VersaTuner license for MX-5 ND?

@all
Remember guys, the SH engine must be kept absolutely fit (applies to both VersaTune and ATM tunes). The oil is cheap, change it after 10000 km and use the original oil filter. Use a diesel additive. Once every 100000 km, have the suction ducts completely cleaned, for example by blasting with dry ice or walnut shells. The disassembled intake itself can be burned with a little diesel, it burns for half an hour - you can then remove the ash more easily. All pressure sensors in intake must work perfectly, they must not be coated with carbon. Cars up to 9/2013 should have replaced the exhaust valve rockers (and abraded camshaft) with new softer ones long ago. Beware of the flap of the small turbocharger - the rivet may fall and fly all the way to the intercooler. If it is loose, drill it off and replace it with a screw with a nut that you spot weld.
2004 Mazda3 Sedan 1.6 MZ-CD 115hp; 2007 Mazda5 2.0 MZR-CD 145hp; 2009 Mazda6 WGN 2.2 MZR-CD 185hp, 2014 Mazda6 WGN 2.2 CD 175hp A/T VersaTuned - my exs
2019 Mazda2 1.5 A/T 90hp selftuned, 2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer 2.0T 4x4 320hp EDS Phase 2+
Brnt84

Post by Brnt84 »

So... what are the tables that you're adding ? how will this change the current tunes ?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

The following tables will be added:
- EGT Limit Overall (1D)
- Boost Target 7 (3D)
- Calculated Injection Quantity (from Torque) - 5 (3D)
- Calculated Injection Quantity (from Torque) - 6 EGR (3D)
- Calculated Injection Quantity (from Torque) - 7 EGR Low ECT (3D)
- Calculated Injection Quantity (from Torque) - 8 EGR Limited (3D)
- Calculated Injection Quantity (from Torque) - 9 No EGR (3D)
- Calculated Injection Quantity (from Torque) - 10 No EGR Low ECT (3D)
- Injection Limit - Soot Reduction (3D)
- EGT Limit Induced Correction (3D)
- EGT Limit Related Correction 1 (3D)
- EGT Limit Related Correction 2 (2D)
- EGT Limit Related Correction 3 (2D)
- EGT Target Related Correction 1 (2D)
- EGT Target Related Correction 2 (2D)
- Unknown APP Mapping Maybe - 1 (3D)
- Unknown APP Mapping Maybe - 2 (3D)
- Unknown APP Mapping Maybe - 3 (3D)
- Unknown Limit (2D)
- Unknown EGT Limit Related Multiplier 1 (1D)
- Unknown EGT Limit Related Multiplier 2 (1D)

We are hoping that the new tables will help us smooth out the boost oscillation present in the current tunes and eliminate the fuel cut that happens at hot ambient temperatures. It may be possible to get a little bit more power, too.
Oxy90

Post by Oxy90 »

Are you close to needing testers?
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Loving the fact there's some fresh impetus with the skyavtiv D's tuning Brnt84 & Ugnius you're stars 👍
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Not that your probably not a star Brnt84 but I did a bit of a typo error there, the shout out of appreciation was meant to be for shr3k 🤗
Oxy90

Post by Oxy90 »

Sorry to be impatient but is there a release date on the updated tune?
Themensch

Post by Themensch »

Also super interested, just let me know if you need beta testers! ( Im on a German Mazda 3 BM, if it matters)
Last edited by Themensch on September 18th, 2020, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.