150 to 175 (perhaps 192 in future)

VersaTuner for Mazda SkyActiv Diesel powered vehicles
montecarlos

150 to 175 (perhaps 192 in future)

Post by montecarlos »

hi

I bought my Mazda 6 150ps and immediately regretted not paying more and getting the 175ps engine. The car is 2015 model and I'm in the UK.

I intend to flash my car to the 175ps level of power for now, with maybe the view to increase it to 192hp if I want more from it

Either way, my only concern right now is that my car has had the car software updated recently by Mazda in a recall, I believe this was a recall to help with the shutter intake valve which as far as I know, causes the car to DPF regen more often. If I am to install the 175 or 192hp (1.08) tunes, what if it reverses this Mazda update? I assume they did this for a reason, perhaps to protect certain components of the car. Is there a way to know when applying the 175/192 tune if it will overwrite this official Mazda update? I'm aware you will flash over all of the ECU tune, so a more accurate question would be, does your 1.08 tune for example, contain Mazda's latest recall tunes

If I revert the car to stock after the 175 is applied, will the stock tune by something stored by you guys or will it copy the exact tune my car has and save it as a backup? How are these tunes saved, are there saved files in windows for example that I can perhaps email to myself for safe keeping or is it all logged in the software.

Thanks

Update : I have upgraded my car to 175hp but haven't yet done 20 miles for the ecu relearn.

What are people's thoughts on putting more power through the car with more than 175? I feel somewhat comfortable with 175hp since you can buy an official mazda 6 with this HP. However, I saw a video of a guy who ran a remap on his Audi A4 for 3 years and it destroyed his flywheel and potentially other parts of his drivetrain and his remap only added 15-20hp. Just how safe is the 192hp upgrade for example? Is there significantly more torque running through the components?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: 150 to 175 (perhaps 192 in future)

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

VersaTuner tunes are made from two components: ECU specific base ROM, which is flashed to the ECU when you install VersaTuner on the car, and the tune that contains only the changes in performance-related tables. When you flash a tune, the parts of the base ROM related to performance are updated and flashed to the ECU. That's why we do not need to update our tunes every time Mazda releases an update for a specific ECU calibration. We only need to update that base ROM.
If you send us your ECU calibration ID, we can check whether our base ROM for your car contains the latest fixes by Mazda.
As for backups, your ECU is read before your first flash and stored as a file. When you return the car back to stock, the same file is flashed back to your ECU. Only if your original backup is not found, VersaTuner will ask you whether it can use the official ROM from Mazda instead.