Mazda PCM update

Discussion of tuning specific to Mazda CX-5 SkyActiv Diesel vehicles
vallejera

Mazda PCM update

Post by vallejera »

Hi!
When yesterday I left my Mazda CX-5 2.2 diesel (2014) in thye Mazda garage for the annual review, they told me that they are going to apply two new updates of PCM.
Does these updates delete my tune? Or PCM is a different module where the tunes are applied?
Best regards.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Mazda PCM update

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Yes, that will overwrite your tune. Please let me know your calibration ID after they apply the update (click Identify... to identify your car) and we will update our base tune to the latest Mazda calibration.
vallejera

Post by vallejera »

Hi This is the information:
1.png
1.png (17.73 KiB) Viewed 12693 times
If you need more data, let me know it.

Best Regards
vallejera

Post by vallejera »

Hi Ugnius,

When will you have available the new tune?

Best regards
Penthedron

Post by Penthedron »

Hi there,

I have had a similar experience today at the Mazda dealer where they said they would also be applying PCM updates during the service. But in my case I have a 2015 Mazda 3 (sorry if this post is in the wrong place). After the service I reconnected Versatuner to the car and clicked identify car - ECU calibration is reading SH7REA000SH06060 (VIN: JMZBM6426113#####). However, i'm not sure this has actually changed as a result of the dealer PCM update today. Yesterday I uninstalled Versatuner from the car in preparation for the service, and when i booted the application today before connecting to car and "identifying"the calibration code that was showing on the screen was the same as listed above. If so, i'm not sure what the update has actually changed (the lady on the service desk was very vague when i asked about what the update was for - only that it was part of their continuous improvement process).

Before I reflash please can you confirm this calibration is included in the base tune? many thanks..
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Looks like the latest official version of VersaTuner will always display the same ECU calibration that was retrieved when your car was first identified, it does not reflect the latest calibration that is currently on your car.
Please email me and I will send you a beta version that will allow reading the current calibration from the vehicle.
We will need to update our base ROMs to include the fixes released by Mazda and having the calibration numbers will help us.
vallejera

Post by vallejera »

Good morning!
I have installed the beta version and it shows the following ECU Calibration:
versatuner2.png
versatuner2.png (31.45 KiB) Viewed 12605 times
The diference is this:

OLD ECU Calibration: SH3EEM000SH0B060
NEW ECU Calibration: SH3EPP000SH0B060

Ugnius, When we could have a new tune for our car?

Best Regards.
mcguli

Post by mcguli »

I am interested, is avaiable yet?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Just letting everyone know that SH3E has been updated to the latest ROM available from Mazda. It is included in the latest update that you can download.
If anyone has a different calibration and has received the update from Mazda, let us know your ECU calibration, we will check if it is the latest.
lxfirm

Post by lxfirm »

Hi Ugnius, I believe mine's changed too. I'll do a double check and screenshots and PM to you.