Settings for Rx8 with 192 engine, using E10 gasoline

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda RX-8 (2004-2008)
manuRx8

Settings for Rx8 with 192 engine, using E10 gasoline

Post by manuRx8 »

I live in Spain and I own an Rx8, with 192hp engine and 5-speed manual transmission. With mechanics totally of series, except a Sohn adapter.
I usually use 95 octane gasoline to which I add 10% ethanol (ie E10). With that mixture I raise the octane to something over 97 octane (in theory between 97 and 100). In addition, as ethanol tends to make gasoline drier, I compensate by making premix with 2T oil (approx 100cc per tank).
I have some questions and the first question is: Do you have any tune examples that include an OMP map with more oil input and that at the same time includes ignition advance adjustment, to take advantage of the higher octane of that E10 mixture?
More questions:
The Economizer tuning mentioned on the web, on what maps do it act?
For those of us with the 192 engine, do you have any tuning that improves the power delivery and compensates for the performance drops observed in some ranges of revolutions in the torque / power curves?
Iguanapeluda

Re: Settings for Rx8 with 192 engine, using E10 gasoline

Post by Iguanapeluda »

HI Manu! I live in Spain too (Zaragoza)..I will buy the tuner liscense.
Do you want to tell with you?

Thank
manuRx8

Post by manuRx8 »

Hi, Iguanapeluda,
I have already bought the software and I have it installed.
We'll see if I was wrong, my car is a Rx8 of 192hp and although the advertising said that all the engines of the 1st generation were supported, they tell me, at the moment they do not plan to release tunes compatible with the 192hp version, because they do not have a unit to test them. Also, I have raised some doubts and asked for information to the support and I am not getting an answer and since the Versatuner forum is very little active, I suppose we depend on what other users want to publish in other internet forums.
I do not know what car you have, maybe you're lucky and your model is supported.
In any case, if you decide and I can help you with something, here we are!
regards
Iguanapeluda

Post by Iguanapeluda »

I have another I generation with 192hp, the cable I hope I will received the next week.

I will inform you.

thank you for the advise.

Javier