Ported RX8

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda RX-8 (2004-2008)
Statesy

Ported RX8

Post by Statesy »

Hi I am after advice, I’m new to tuning with software I’ve been away from the scene a long time with the last tuning in a turbo RX7 and Microtech hand held ecu. My question relates to which tables should I adjust for idle mixture? The engine is ported using the racing beat templates on all ports including exhaust and would like to get the idle a little lumpy. Also any advice on which parameters to log while progressively adjusting the tune? I’ve got RPM, commanded AFR, actual AFR, knock. Will the ports make it run lean in the upper rpm range? Thanks
LedFlava

Re: Ported RX8

Post by LedFlava »

Hi Statesy. How did you get on with your tune? I'm starting down the same path and keen to learn from others, where they went with the tune, and what they've tried.
malijames12

Re: Ported RX8

Post by malijames12 »

LedFlava wrote: February 24th, 2020, 12:19 am Hi Statesy. How did you get on with your tune? I'm starting down the same path and keen to learn from others, where they went with the tune, and what they've tried.
Hey, I'm in the same boat as you!

How are you getting along with your tune? I'm trying to figure out what to do for my streetported engine that's currently being assembled.