Throttle relative position

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda RX-8 (2004-2008)
moldbruja

Throttle relative position

Post by moldbruja »

Hi can anyone explain the throttle relative position table, I notice 84 % is the máx value does this mean rx8 never goes full wot?
McTinkerson

Re: Throttle relative position

Post by McTinkerson »

The unit for that table is not really a percentage. Since the RX-8 is drive by wire, it's the stepper motor control value (as pulse width I *think*).

Just like the OMP control.

So 84 is 100%, 42 = 50%, etc.
Far2good

Post by Far2good »

Hopefully someone can help. I have accelerator pedal position @ 100%, Desired throttle position @ 100% and Relative throttle position @ 67.1%. This was with two different throttle bodies thinking that one of them might have been bad. Is relative throttle position @ 67% normal? the actual throttle looks like it opens all the way but this here confusing me.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Far2good wrote: September 18th, 2020, 10:32 am Hopefully someone can help. I have accelerator pedal position @ 100%, Desired throttle position @ 100% and Relative throttle position @ 67.1%. This was with two different throttle bodies thinking that one of them might have been bad. Is relative throttle position @ 67% normal? the actual throttle looks like it opens all the way but this here confusing me.
What car is that? It is normal. You will not see 100%, because the position sensor cannot reach that. You are seeing the max value reported by the throttle position sensor. The ECU knows that.