Maximum Operating Load - stuck

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda RX-8 (2004-2008)
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Maximum Operating Load - stuck

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

We could allow changing the multiplier. If you double it, you would be able to specify loads up to 4.0 at the expense of lower granularity.
Themainmandan

Post by Themainmandan »

mituc wrote:
Themainmandan wrote: September 8th, 2020, 12:47 pm So it’s impossible to get the absolute load to the maximum of 4? What happens when I supercharge my engine?
At load 2 you should be well above 400bhp, so I'd struggle to get there first :)
The factory ECU may have some limitations which is the reason why people go stand-alone ECU with the extreme builds. However the Mazdaspeed platform supports 1000+bhp on the factory ECU but that one was designed for turbocharged applications from the get-go.
Gotcha thanks for that, I think I’m tracing my fuel cut to a bad ground anyways..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Themainmandan

Post by Themainmandan »

Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote:We could allow changing the multiplier. If you double it, you would be able to specify loads up to 4.0 at the expense of lower granularity.
That’s good to know! Thanks. I’m tracing down and resolving some other issues.. I’ll be gentle when charging my engine in the next few months lol I’m sure it’ll be fine if others have been ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk