BridgePort Renesis

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda RX-8 (2004-2008)
ArthLowback

BridgePort Renesis

Post by ArthLowback »

Opening this for my fellow insane RX-8 owners that decided to do a FULL bridge port to their Renesis engine

Currently running my break "in" period tune, she has been driving great, just has some severe issues hot starting. Only got it to start hot starting recently, still struggles like crazy though, so leave any recommendations you have

feel free to throw in any tuning tips for FULL bridge port engines
:burnrubber
Themainmandan

Re: BridgePort Renesis

Post by Themainmandan »

ArthLowback wrote:Opening this for my fellow insane RX-8 owners that decided to do a FULL bridge port to their Renesis engine

Currently running my break "in" period tune, she has been driving great, just has some severe issues hot starting. Only got it to start hot starting recently, still struggles like crazy though, so leave any recommendations you have

Do you have a series 2 starter? Bridge-porting a renny is really bad for the low, low/mid end so that’s probably why you’re having issues starting.. you’ll benefit from a faster starter.

Are you running FI or NA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DSSRotard

Post by DSSRotard »

ArthLowback wrote: October 4th, 2020, 6:18 pm Opening this for my fellow insane RX-8 owners that decided to do a FULL bridge port to their Renesis engine

I've worked with some bridged ported Renesis engines and they had no issues starting at all, get a good starter, like a 13 teeth 2.0 KW starter that was put in some 2006 models that got some other improvements over the early models, or just get the 14 teeth 2 KW starter from the second gen RX8, also make sure your ignition is OK.
ArthLowback

Post by ArthLowback »

Upgraded battery to a 1000 CCA and the starter to a 14 tooth one, sadly the issue persisted. After getting in contact with a great company from Australia about it, we came to the comclusion that the atkins solid corner seals were hurting compression overall, specially at start, so I am having new corner seals ordered and the car is im my garage (finally got my own) getting ready to pull the engine out once more 😁🤣

But soon I'll have a brapping rx8 just have to go through the process again, great learning experience I guess hahahaha
LedFlava

Post by LedFlava »

Yeah you really shouldn't be having starting issues after the rebuild. Bridging it won't create got start issues. That's a compression thing but it sounds like you've figured that out.
I've been running a full bridge for around 15k KMS now and not a single start issue hot or cold.
Happy to compare notes on tunes when you get your compression sorted if you want.
Lomeezy

Post by Lomeezy »

Has anyone had any luck seeing any gains with a BP? I have a half Bridgeport using the KMR Template. No running issues at all, just looking to make a bit more power up top. Lower end is very nice with noticeable increase in acceleration but once i get to those higher revs,( about where the Aux ports open) it feels held back. i have tried messing with VE tables as well as AFR but dont seem to be having any luck. Not being able to see Target AFRs in open loop if making it that much harder to figure out the VE table.

Any help would be much appreciated.
beenders7

Post by beenders7 »

Lomeezy wrote: August 7th, 2021, 4:41 am Has anyone had any luck seeing any gains with a BP? I have a half Bridgeport using the KMR Template. No running issues at all, just looking to make a bit more power up top. Lower end is very nice with noticeable increase in acceleration but once i get to those higher revs,( about where the Aux ports open) it feels held back. i have tried messing with VE tables as well as AFR but dont seem to be having any luck. Not being able to see Target AFRs in open loop if making it that much harder to figure out the VE table.

Any help would be much appreciated.
I am running a full KMR bridge... I know its all in the tune, and Ive been trying to get that extra power in the high end. If I get any noticeable gains Ill share them! If anyone knows some tricks to unlock the bridge dorito please post!
Thanks!
Lomeezy

Post by Lomeezy »

Currently, I am making minor adjustments to ignition timing trying to get that squared away before i go messing with the ARF tables. Adding a bit more timing ( 2 or 3 Degrees) at .5% load or higher seams to be showing good results. (Butt Dyno). How does your lower end behave with that full Bridgeport? My Primary ports are only Streetported and that has had no negative affects on low end power so far.
martinrx

Post by martinrx »

ArthLowback wrote: January 9th, 2021, 9:29 am Upgraded battery to a 1000 CCA and the starter to a 14 tooth one, sadly the issue persisted. After getting in contact with a great company from Australia about it, we came to the comclusion that the atkins solid corner seals were hurting compression overall, specially at start, so I am having new corner seals ordered and the car is im my garage (finally got my own) getting ready to pull the engine out once more 😁🤣

But soon I'll have a brapping rx8 just have to go through the process again, great learning experience I guess hahahaha
Hi ,
I am curious about the problem with the Atkins solid corner seals .... I am building a bridgeport renesis and I have Atkins solid seals to use as well. What was the problem with the seals? :banghead
boostedrx8

Bridgeported Renisis with rx7 seals w/ id1050s and stock reds

Post by boostedrx8 »

Wondering if anyone can give me a hand with a base tune / give me a good start and some advice how to tune my bridged 8 properly for break in untill dyno, also has agressive street ports on intake and exhaust. Trying to save few extra dollars its a fully blueprinted engine built for boost. Since it will be FI again after break in It will need to be re tuned and it will need to be on a dyno. And i paid a pretty penny for this engine. Lots of new parts, and lots of machinng to rotors and housings. (Has all seals from rx7 fd) here is build receipt. Disregard posting pics just realized i cant. Hope i dont get in trouble but build sheet is on my instagram and so is pic of the porting jobs. https://www.instagram.com/boostedrx8_/ :wave