RX-8 stock OOB tune - are fan temps changed?

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda RX-8 (2004-2008)
peterpangea

RX-8 stock OOB tune - are fan temps changed?

Post by peterpangea »

Hi there,

For the stock RX-8 pre-built tune that you can flash through Versatuner Lite, have the fan temp settings been changed at all? Wondering if it is worth it getting separate fan temp control device on top of the tune.

Thanks!
Clem008

Re: RX-8 stock OOB tune - are fan temps changed?

Post by Clem008 »

Bonjour.
Ce paramètre n'est pas modifié sur leur gestion .
Je l'ai fait modifier pour mon véhicule cela évite le montage d'un module supplémentaire.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Someone who has Mazdaedit swears it works for his RX8. I know that this didn't work in the MPS/CX7/RX8s because the fan control module is not controlled directly by the ECU but by some thermostat, so most probably you will need another fan control module.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Cyborg

Post by Cyborg »

Modifying the Fans with The Pro version works fine i have checked the temps after adjusting and they are definitely
within the lower range i have set.
Monstermills

Post by Monstermills »

Cyborg wrote: February 11th, 2021, 3:44 pm Modifying the Fans with The Pro version works fine i have checked the temps after adjusting and they are definitely
within the lower range i have set.
So you need the full version in order to adjust the fan Temps? Also do you guys have any suggestions on what cooler temps the fans should kick on at?

Thanks in advance!
Cyborg

Post by Cyborg »

Yes you need the Pro version i set mine to 90 primary and 95 secondary Celsius,
Also adjust my idle up a little.
peterpangea

Post by peterpangea »

Thanks for the suggestion! I switched to pro and modified the fan control settings on the OOB RB REVi intake tune. Set mine at 87 c and 97 c for now for the first and second fans and will see how that goes.

Anyone knows what the difference is between the two fan 1 temperature control input values? Both of them were set at 206.6f in the stock tune so I'm not sure why there's two areas to input the value.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

First temperature is the threshold above which the fans will start spinning at minimum duty cycle. The second threshold is the temperature above which the fans will spin at full speed. In between there are several stages (3 or 4).
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP