Is it safe to run this tune?

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda RX-8 (2004-2008)
Azula_Rx8

Is it safe to run this tune?

Post by Azula_Rx8 »

I’ve just thrown an “unbranded” 3 inch midpipe on my car (it’s from 8 years ago, from a rotary company that was in Florida. Can’t remember the name.) and I’m wondering if it’s safe to run this tune? I have the stock airbox too.

91US/95EU Octane tune for 6 port RX-8 with Racing Beat REVi intake and TurboXS catless exhaust
dcox11b

Re: Is it safe to run this tune?

Post by dcox11b »

It probably won't hurt to run it. But since you do not have the Revi intake it won't be optimized for your car. I have also noticed that all the easy flash tunes are fairly conservative, they don't really mess with timing and air fuel which these cars run so very rich on anyways. I have uploaded a tune for you to try out here and you can see if that helps you get a better feel with your mods that you have.

You may wish to alter the rpm, fan temps, and warmup rev limit as you see fit but these are pretty good. Just make sure you are warmed up before you go over 4000 rpm. Otherwise you might be nervous when you hit the rpm limit and think its broken but it isn't its just protecting your car.
Attachments
Azula Rx8 v1.00.vtune
(14.35 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
2005 Rx8 Shinka - Black Cherry Mica