P0335 code

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda RX-8 (2004-2008)
Bloodsongz

Re: P0335 code

Post by Bloodsongz »

Hey, I'm getting the same issue (p0335) on my 1st gen RX8 with the "official" tune with modified dwell. Have any of you guys find which table can cause the issue ?
MAF sensor calibration is also different from other tunes, could it be an issue ?

The CEL is pretty random and sometime clear by itself, car is running good but sometime it takes longer to start the engine and the CEL pop on.

(sensor is brand new, reset with pumping brakes 20 time already done a few time, still getting the same issue, and didn't had any issue with others tunes)

Thank you !

edit : I'll give it a try tomorrow with stock MAF calibration
edit2 (message not approved by a mod yet) : So far so good with stock MAF calibration, I did about 30km with 5-6 breaks (turning off the engine for few minute)
Last edited by Bloodsongz on June 5th, 2021, 5:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
RX80526

Post by RX80526 »

Hello I had luck today with the v1.13 tune today after trying four times .
Firstly v1.13 what did not fully go through to the end steps of obd test and then did the 20 brake pumps and no luck.

Then I tried v1.00 repeated and did it twice all up and the brake pumps.
No luck.

I had some trouble inbetween with the v1.00 getting the the key cycle right then froze the program ,hit control alt delete and end task. Restart the software tried v1.00 again with no luck but the fuel pump was not doing what it was doing with the other flashes on the 2nd try.

Then I went back to v1.13 and tried again strictly by the directions Radio off this time. Obdlink unplugged ignition off then first two steps plugin hit next and carefully after 1% loading did not touch the obdlink to car obd port from then to finish then I was at the very end confirm congrats job done.

Then turned the key to off and pulled it out for 3s, put key in to on , hit the brake 20 times oil needle did it's thing just like always hitting the brake , then back to off and out for 3s and finally to on for 3s waiting then started from the on position and it worked .

I know the obd Port is a little finicky with my Foxwell NT 301 if you bump it.

I hope this helps ..... 8-)
Monstermills

Post by Monstermills »

Bloodsongz wrote: June 4th, 2021, 11:41 am Hey, I'm getting the same issue (p0335) on my 1st gen RX8 with the "official" tune with modified dwell. Have any of you guys find which table can cause the issue ?
MAF sensor calibration is also different from other tunes, could it be an issue ?

The CEL is pretty random and sometime clear by itself, car is running good but sometime it takes longer to start the engine and the CEL pop on.

(sensor is brand new, reset with pumping brakes 20 time already done a few time, still getting the same issue, and didn't had any issue with others tunes)

Thank you !

edit : I'll give it a try tomorrow with stock MAF calibration
edit2 (message not approved by a mod yet) : So far so good with stock MAF calibration, I did about 30km with 5-6 breaks (turning off the engine for few minute)
I don't have the full version to edit the tunes maf settings. I did order a new maf as well because of this code popping up! can someone post the setup for version 1.13 with the Maf settings to stock so i can give it a try?

Thanks in advance.

Clinton
dcox11b

Post by dcox11b »

[/quote]

I don't have the full version to edit the tunes maf settings. I did order a new maf as well because of this code popping up! can someone post the setup for version 1.13 with the Maf settings to stock so i can give it a try?

Thanks in advance.

Clinton
[/quote]

You need a tune from versatune version 1.13? We are on 21.1.36.0 now.
2005 Rx8 Shinka - Black Cherry Mica
Wonseymj

Post by Wonseymj »

monstermills, did you ever figure out the issue? I get the p0335 code when I have this tune flashed, but can run other tunes like 1.04 and the code will be gone.
wcs

Post by wcs »

FWIW,
Perhaps this may help someone isolate their issues

I purchased an aftermarket Maf from Car Quest model MQ6203 which would cause the P0335 - Eccentric shaft position sensor circuit MIL.
I then replaced the eccentric shaft sensor with a new OEM sensor hoping this would solve the problem, however the issue persisted.
Then start down the path of testing the wiring loom etc etc.

Anyways I bought a new OEM Maf and no issues. (This was last summer)

Lately, I've been working with different Maf tube setups (I have 3) and I put this Car Quest sensor back in and BING! P0335 - Eccentric shaft position sensor circuit problem

So I'm pretty darn sure it is that Maf sensor for whatever reason causing the MIL.
Just have in mind that it may be the Maf causing the MIL not the tune.
thanos_1

Post by thanos_1 »

hello,
same happens to me with the version 1.13. All other version tunes are fine.
Also tried with different maf sensors with no luck. I also change the maf calibration values to stock one, but no success.
kylemoodytx

Post by kylemoodytx »

I get it too, and only with this tune. IS there a fixed planned?
Capt.Tightpants

Post by Capt.Tightpants »

I'm in the process of tuning my car with Carl at Ryan Rotary Performance and the second tune they provided, resulted in this error code. They seem to think it's my car, but I don't have this problem with any other tune.
Monstermills

Post by Monstermills »

Hi guys, I haven’t tried going back to this tune yet again. Cars been off the road for the winters in NY. I have since then purchased the full version and need to get the latest downloadable version that’s been posted in January. I will give it another go, my maf sensor is a stock one, haven’t had issues with this although I did purchase a new maf out of spite.