Rx8 turbo 2008 manual. Need help with tune please!

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda RX-8 (2004-2008)
ybmcha

Rx8 turbo 2008 manual. Need help with tune please!

Post by ybmcha »

Hey guys, new to the fourm

I am currently running 08 rx8 with greddy bolt on kit turbo setup with e-manage.

Mazda oem coil
Spark plug ngk leading 10 trailing 9. I need to double check.
Catless midpipe.
Larger injector, fuel pump and fuel regulator
And many more but not engine related.

Problem i am having is catless my pop is too fucking loud like ak47.
But with cat, they break too easily

So i am hoping to find someone hopefully can help to adjust fueling? So no pop and crackle.

I am willing to go to tuner shop but i am in korea and not many or no tuners are friendly with rotary engine + turbo bolt on kit.

Can i get some help here ? I dont know shit about tuning too... T.T
Stressed the fuck recently.

Thanks
Walle

Re: Rx8 turbo 2008 manual. Need help with tune please!

Post by Walle »

Hello ybmcha,
Although I probably don't have sufficient experience to help I would offer my systematic approach and also better way to get help on the forum.

Post your ignition and fuel maps that you made, and put them besides the original tables so people with not perfeck memory of stock oem rx8 tune can chime in.

for me it looks like there is to much fuel in low load condition and/or there is to much spark retard. remember a car with a turob that was originally NA, can run NA settings until there is boost in the car.
wcs

Re: Rx8 turbo 2008 manual. Need help with tune please!

Post by wcs »

Let ask something,
You are using the Greddy e-manage piggy back ECU correct?

First - I have never used e-manage

Second - I've never heard anything good about it (Sorry). If you check the RX8Club.com website you'll find there is no love for the e-emanage piggy back ecu.

Third - There is no need to to use the e-manage if you have a full copy of VersaTuner.

Fourth - If you're flashing your stock ECU with Versa Tuner, if I understand it the e-manage is intercepting the stock ECU's signals so you need to tune the e-manage ecu which you can't do with Versa Tuner.

Has the car been tuned at all for boost using the e-manage or are you using the OEM Mapping?

As mentioned if you could post your Ignition Mapping and Fuel Tables might help.