Request: injector scaling and maps

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda RX-8 (2004-2008)
Hiddeninsight

Request: injector scaling and maps

Post by Hiddeninsight »

So, I'm in an odd situation here, I apparently have a mix of parts. I bought an 04 auto that was low on power with intent to rebuild and I did just that. Learning along the way when putting the engine back in it has an s2 lower intake on it, but s1 injectors.

2 red p1 and 2 blue p2 instead of the 4 it should have, this would explain the lack of power and probably why I blew up the old motor haha.

Anyways, I'm looking for the injector scaling and maps from and s2,

I'm going with the green primaries and the dark red secondaries, stock configuration for the s2 but I need the Info to plug into the pcm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
wcs

Re: Request: injector scaling and maps

Post by wcs »

**** UPDATE EDIT TLDR; ****

Series 2 Injector Information here ----> viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4330

Another good source for Injector Information here ---> https://injector-rehab.com/knowledge-ba ... lag-times/

What made you feel it was low on power?
Did you have it Dyno'd?

I don't believe you had the wrong injectors.
The 2004 4port was shipped with 2 Red Primaries and 2 Blue Secondary's.

Series 1 Fuel Injector Info
https://www.rx8club.com/series-i-tech-g ... fo-150432/

I tried to find the Latency Tables for the Series 2 injectors and wow, I could not find a thing.

You might want to try a combination of injectors that have the latency tables available.

Injector Upgrades for Turbo's
https://www.rx8club.com/series-i-engine ... bo-263157/

And lastly you could try bumping this thread, as you're not alone in looking for these latency tables.
https://www.rx8club.com/series-i-engine ... es-186411/

Or ask some one in the S2 forum here to post the Latency tables for you?
Last edited by wcs on June 21st, 2022, 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hiddeninsight

Post by Hiddeninsight »

Are you sure? Every shop manual I've found shows the 4 port series 1 with 4 blue secondary injectors and 2 red primaries. Maybe I missed something?

From what I've seen the series 1 4 port has 6 total (red blue) injectors, the 6 port has 8 total injectors (red yellow) and the series 2 has 4 total (green dark red) I ordered a set of series 2 injectors to try but I need the scaling and latency tables to plug in.

But yeah, I've looked everywhere for even a base tune from a series II and I've found nothing, I know versatuner has it because we can tune them, it's just not available as I got a license for series I

As for being low on power, rear rotor low compression, no hot starts, bogged horribly and wouldn't get out of its own way, etc etc. So I played with tuning a little bit and then just drove it as hard as I could until it threw the seals in the rear rotor, now rebuilt, which wasn't bad at all but I will say it took me forever to clearance the side seals, definitely the most time consuming part of the whole rebuild.

Anyways, as the rebuild is breaking in it's slowly starting to run a little better and it's now idling, but trying to just move around the driveway still bogs out, next time I try I'll do some logging since I forgot to start it last time I drove it around a little
wcs

Post by wcs »

Hiddeninsight wrote: June 12th, 2022, 9:59 am Are you sure? Every shop manual I've found shows the 4 port series 1 with 4 blue secondary injectors and 2 red primaries. Maybe I missed something?

From what I've seen the series 1 4 port has 6 total (red blue) injectors, the 6 port has 8 total injectors (red yellow) and the series 2 has 4 total (green dark red) I ordered a set of series 2 injectors to try but I need the scaling and latency tables to plug in.
Soooo yeah I've got a 2005 6 speed MT (6port) and I've had the injectors out a few times now, trying different combinations.
Absolutely positive without a doubt I have 6 six injectors. Originally 2 Red P1 and 4 Yellows (2) P2 and (2) Secondary.
Just like the picture in the first post here: https://www.rx8club.com/series-i-tech-g ... fo-150432/
They talk about the difference in number of injectors in the first 6 posts.
Going by that, as I've never removed injectors from a 4 port, I'm assuming they are correct when they say there is only 4 injectors.
Series1-6port-Injectors.jpg
Series1-6port-Injectors.jpg (93.01 KiB) Viewed 2365 times
I believe you are correct about the Series 2 only having 4 injectors.
Have you tried posting for the tables on the S2 forum?
Maybe try asking Steve, perhaps he'll send them to you.
Hiddeninsight

Post by Hiddeninsight »

Ok. I think I got it now, I was reading the injector count as secondary and aux only and singing the total injector count. I see my error, thank you.

I did post in the sII forum and if nothing results from that I'll message admins and see if they are willing to provide anything.
wcs

Post by wcs »

Link to post with S2 Latency and Injector Scaling

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4330

Thanks @Ugnius

:beertoast
Hiddeninsight

Post by Hiddeninsight »

Just an FYI, I added those settings and injectors and it runs fine(ish) it will start and idle after much cranking, it will idle fine and drive around, but it bogs heavily if I get on the go pedal, still troubleshooting, about all I have left to check is fuel pressure and some fresh fuel since it hasn't had anything new added since last october..... :banghead

Anyways, I'm having less troubles with getting this thing right after I swapped to the sII injectors
Hiddeninsight

Post by Hiddeninsight »

Just an FYI, I added those settings and injectors and it runs fine(ish) it will start and idle after much cranking, it will idle fine and drive around, but it bogs heavily if I get on the go pedal, still troubleshooting, about all I have left to check is fuel pressure and some fresh fuel since it hasn't had anything new added since last october..... :banghead

Anyways, I'm having less troubles with getting this thing right after I swapped to the sII injectors
wcs

Post by wcs »

Hmmmm,
Well you did just have the UIM all apart to install the Injectors.
I'm sure you're checking for vacuum leaks.
Those injectors can be a bit of a PITA to install so hopefully there is no issue there.

What was your injector setup again?
What injectors are in P1 and P2?

Just spit balling here
Check:
- that Barometer sensor is plugged in
- Maf Sensor
- Eccentric Shaft Sensor
- Front O2 Sensor.

And it wouldn't hurt to do the NVRam reset https://www.rx8club.com/series-i-troubl ... ry-169443/

How do the fuel trims look at idle? How many Volts or g/s is the Maf reading?
Maybe get a log of the car bogging when you hit the go pedal.
Hiddeninsight

Post by Hiddeninsight »

Fuel trims look fine.
Baro reads good
Maf is good

Have yet to find any vacuum leaks, and I don't hear any, but that doesn't mean I don't have one somewhere.

The injector setup now is the SII greens for primary and the dark red for secondary. The OEM ones from that thread you linked earlier.

Things I have noticed, and I'm still getting familiar with rotaries (this is my it looks interesting so I'll buy a dying one and revive it project)

When I hit 5200rpm and the vdi opens it takes off like a raped ape, there's a very noticeable boost in power. Below that it's pretty tame and sluggish, but it is a 4spd auto... :(

I just logged some driving around tonight, about 50mi worth so I'll take a look through that and see what I can see.