New to Versatuner, Perth Australia 2006 Revelation

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda RX-8 (2004-2008)
dieseldaz

New to Versatuner, Perth Australia 2006 Revelation

Post by dieseldaz »

Hi guys, I have just aquired versatuner and hope to gain some performance for my 2006 Revelation model. My mods include AEM CAI, Odula headers,Secondary air pump deleted, Catless midpipe and PacPerformance midpipe back exhaust.Running new NGK coils atm. Looking for tunes to best suit my mods, Any advice welcomed, Would love seasoned users to share some cool tunes for me to test. Flames pops and bangs would be a great start as well as the usual fuel and timing mods, extra oiling etc
wcs

Re: New to Versatuner, Perth Australia 2006 Revelation

Post by wcs »

I would start with:

- Lowering your fan temps
- Increasing the OMP rates (tho tbh premixing trumps all)
- Increase your idle speed to maintain suitable oil pressure especially if your car tends to idle a lot as the oil pressure is quite low at idle.

There really is no one map that fits any given setup, it really is just an best "guestimate" :smashpc

I saw your post about the snap crackle and pops.
You're fine to try the tune he uploaded in his very first post.
Read his post, warnings and suggestions especially point 1 and 3

Best practice as he mentions is to take the parts of that tune and add them to your own.
dieseldaz

Re: New to Versatuner, Perth Australia 2006 Revelation

Post by dieseldaz »

Hi , so i just had a hi low cat installed as my resinator spat its guts and sounded like crap! i have been comparing tunes and noticed they are very similar wether it has a cat or not so wondering if cat/no cat/hi flow cat makes any difference to the tune you use. my mods are AEM CAI
Odula headers
200 cel Hi Flow Cat
3" exhaust
NGK revision C coils
Secondary air pump delete