make brapping on idle

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda RX-8 (2004-2008)
bikerceci

make brapping on idle

Post by bikerceci »

Hello, group does anyone modified idle to make brapping ?

Like this.
https://youtu.be/N7Dllmt42UU
riffy

Re: make brapping on idle

Post by riffy »

Feel free to send me an email, or message on instagram.

https://www.rifkinrepairs.com/mazda-tuning
https://instagram.com/tuned_by_the_rif
80HD

Post by 80HD »

You have a bridgeport or looking for ghost tune? Ive been messing about with a mild bridgeport and getting some results.
0124alexrx8

Post by 0124alexrx8 »

80HD wrote: April 14th, 2023, 4:24 pm You have a bridgeport or looking for ghost tune? Ive been messing about with a mild bridgeport and getting some results.
Tell us, ma frend :shock:
bikerceci

Post by bikerceci »

Sorry for my late answer. Yeah it's bridge ported
80HD

Post by 80HD »

sorry for the late reply.

do you have a full bridge or half bridge?

if you dont have the primaries bridge ported it will not have a great brap without messing with things.

if it is just the mains (and aux although it doesnt matter for this) bridged, then you have some options however these tend to be not very desirable.

I have found to "bring on braps" with a half bridge you need to have the SSV remain open.

you are able to reroute the vfad vac hose to the ssv (if 6 port) and block the vac hose from the solenoid to the ssv, or hook up a separate hose to vac with 1 way to the ssv.

when the engine makes manifold vac, the ssv will be open (this is basically always when the throttle is closed or mostly closed).

I have opted for lockwire as a back up and to ensure it is open no matter what.

Doing this allows overlap at idle which is what gives you the brap.

keeping the SSV open will impact low speed driveability below 3000. i sometimes get a bit of stumble if i shift slowly and the revs drop below say 2500, but realistically you dont drive in this space and having a bridgeport, you aint got no torque there anymore... i also have a lightened flywheel so for me, below 2500 basically does not exist.

With the tuning, go to the timing section and look at changing the idle lead timing to approx 35 to 45. This gives poor combustion characteristics and mimics what a bridgeport does, by creating poor mix and combustion to have a rotor face misfire.

I have also cleared the idle load adjust tables too just to stop the ecu adding timing.

One last thig is to change open loop so it is not activated in the idle window.

Your car will smell like fuel and likely heat up your cat (if you still have one) and ruin it but it will begin to brap.

I did mess with trailing plug timing but found limited change, delaying lead plug does it.

I've managed to get mine (half bridge) to brap nicely at about 1400 rpm both on unloaded idle and on load (lights on etc)

Trying to figure out a ghost bridge and I think it is more to do with setting extremes in the idle correction table as advance speeds up idle and retard slows it down. with extreme enough numbers it will bounce around "like" a bridgeport. There is an exact science to it, one that i do not fully know. some tuners have figured it out and sell this as a product. i went down this route trying to get my half bridge to fake brap but found the SSV was the greatest influence on idle to kind of proper brap.

Make mods at you own risk etc and research all this out.

If you need screenshots of my tables, willing to provide. I am no professional, just someone who likes to mess about.