P2610 after Reflash with the new Version

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Mazdaspeedler

P2610 after Reflash with the new Version

Post by Mazdaspeedler »

Hi, my Mazdaspeed 3 (2007) throws after the last Update P610 and U2064 error Code after i reflesh my ecu. I tryed to reflash the ECU again after that but the Errorcodes are comming back after 2 Starts of the Car can you help me out with it?

btw is it possible to "livelog" the car with connecting the Tables to the Logging while driving? On another Tuning software i used this was possible and a very helpful future...
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: P2610 after Reflash with the new Version

Post by mituc »

Do you have any weird lighting in your car? ...LEDs, additional light bulbs added?
How is your battery?
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Mazdaspeedler

Post by Mazdaspeedler »

I dont have additional lights or special electronics on my car, my battery is almost new so its not a electronic issue... i have this error code after flashing my car...
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

You are saying it started happening after the last update - do you remember what version of VersaTuner you had previously?
If you clear the codes in the "DTCs" tab of VersaTuner, do they come back?
Could you please email the files named [yourvin].bck and UserSettings.xml from the VersaTuner data folder to [email protected]? You can open the data folder by going to Settings on the home screen and clicking "Open VersaTuner Data Folder..." at the bottom.

Live tuning is not available at the moment, but it is on our wishlist of features.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

I experienced this as well on a friend's car. So this is the context:
- his version1 Versalink cable failed while flashing a new tune, right after the "deleting previous tune" message;
- as a result, his car remained where it was because the engine could nto start;
- because I did not know the reason why his cable failed I preferred to use my cable and my tabled to fix his car;
- when I attempted to flash his last tune the versatuner wanted to flash a recovery tune first;
- after the recovery tune it wanted to go through the 25 minutes process of installing VT on the ECU and backing up everything;
- because my tablet did not have his OEM firmware backup file (was on his laptop) I reckon that whatever was on the car (installed versatune + recovery map) was taken as factory. I'm not sure of the impact of installing VT over this existing installation, normally it should be no impact but I don't know;
- after finally flashing his last tune the check engine light came on after the 2nr or 3rd start later that day.
For now I just cleared the error (his cable is not fixed, probably he will end up buying a new obdlink mx) but if this will not get better I will just get the .bck file from his laptop, overwrite whatever is on my tabled, try a factory restore and a reinstall.
I'll keep you posted.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Ok, the error came back.
Previous owner doesn't have the original firmware file VIN.bck any more.
Not sure how to go about this one. Since the check engine comes back only after the car is started cold after sitting a while and not during driving it I'm kind of tempted to suppress this PID from versa, but because it's triggered means that something is not quite right.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7