Launch Control

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
joey

Launch Control

Post by joey »

Hi Guys!

Just installed VersaTune on my cab. I'm curious as to how this LC worx? I've never seen anyone use anything similar.

Plz advise?
Versatune,FMIC,3"SRI,3"TIP,HKSSSQv4,3"Turboback,Devil'sOwnWMIStg2kit,AutotechHPFP,JBREGRdelete,JBRBSD&Baffleplate,RacingLogiccoilovers,TRZTMM,AWRPMM,SURERMM,SUREShortcut&Counterweight,SUREg/knob,ApexiTT,HDIStg2Evoboostcontroller
skiptownmcat

Re: Launch Control

Post by skiptownmcat »

What ever you set the limit to, the revs will not go over with the clutch pressed in. Simply keep your foot on the accelerator and let go of the clutch when the lights go green.
What I would like to know is the optimum revs to set it to and also the flat foot shifting.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
joey

Post by joey »

skiptownmcat wrote:What ever you set the limit to, the revs will not go over with the clutch pressed in. Simply keep your foot on the accelerator and let go of the clutch when the lights go green.
What I would like to know is the optimum revs to set it to and also the flat foot shifting.
Thx for the reply. I think i did try that, but the car revved over my target. I disabled DTC, pressed clucth, 1st gear, and emergency brake for control. I will try again later today as I'm still at work hehe!

Can't wait for the drive home! hahahahaha
Versatune,FMIC,3"SRI,3"TIP,HKSSSQv4,3"Turboback,Devil'sOwnWMIStg2kit,AutotechHPFP,JBREGRdelete,JBRBSD&Baffleplate,RacingLogiccoilovers,TRZTMM,AWRPMM,SURERMM,SUREShortcut&Counterweight,SUREg/knob,ApexiTT,HDIStg2Evoboostcontroller
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

You have to enable Launch Control in tune customizer first.
Then whenever you are stationary, just keep the clutch depressed and floor the accelerator pedal. The RPMs won't go up till redline, instead fuel cut and timing retard will be applied to keep the RPMs at a preset value. You can then just release the clutch (not too abruptly and not too gradually) to have a rapid launch with no bogging. You will also have some boost available before launching.
With no lift shift, when you are doing a quick acceleration run, you keep the accelerator pedal depressed to the floor at all times, even when shifting. When you shift, you press the clutch without letting off the accelerator, the RPMs will be governed to allow the gearbox synchros to mesh and you can then change gears.
That helps cut your shift times and retains some boost during shifts.

Please beware that both launch control and no lift shift add significant stress to your transmission components, so it is highly recommended to upgrade your differential mounts first (if you have a Mazdaspeed6). Mazdaspeed3/Mazda 3 MPS with stock tires will have traction problems when trying to use launch control. Play around with different RPMs to see what works best for you. Do not employ launch control for longer than a couple seconds to prevent overheating of your catalytic converters.

Our launch control and no lift shifting functionality is implemented in the ECU code. There is no need for any additional hardware or splicing the wiring. As I said it uses fuel cut and retards ignition to keep the RPMs under control during launch and during shifts.
joey

Post by joey »

Thx Ugnius!

I will test later! LC is/was enabled. I didn't floor the accelerator pedal tho, i just gradually pressed until i hit my targeted rpm and it went over the target, so i thought i was doing something wrong..

Versa FTW!
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

joey wrote:I didn't floor the accelerator pedal tho,
There is an APP threshold there. By default, the APP must be > 98% to activate launch control.

You can customize that in the tune customizer.
movo

Post by movo »

Hey guys

I'm from South Africa and I just installed versa tune with the launch control enabled. I'm having trouble trying to get it to work. I've tried flashing back to stock and install versatune again but I'm not getting any success. I've tried flooring the accelerator whilst stationary and in 1st gear but the rev's always go over the 4000 rpm limit that I had set. Any suggestions? As for the produts thus far, its great! Keep up the good work guys!
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Have you enabled Launch Control in Tune Customizer? It is under the Settings button on the Home tab.
movo

Post by movo »

Yes I've tried that twice. First when I flashed it and again when I reflashed to stock and back to versatune. Not sure why it don't work. Is the Aus ecu compatible with the mazda 3 mps that we have here in south africa? Power is great thou. Wish I could get this LC to work
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

I'll look at it and let you know what I find.