Load targets

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
joey

Load targets

Post by joey »

Hi,

I don't seem to be hitting my load targets... I did a MAF cal and i get abs(4). Took quite a while to get it calibrated.

Could it be that I need to do a throttle cal? If so, can you please guide me? I can do a throttle cal log. Do I adjust the calibration same way as I did the MAF cal?

Thx in advance
Jo
Last edited by joey on July 3rd, 2012, 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Versatune,FMIC,3"SRI,3"TIP,HKSSSQv4,3"Turboback,Devil'sOwnWMIStg2kit,AutotechHPFP,JBREGRdelete,JBRBSD&Baffleplate,RacingLogiccoilovers,TRZTMM,AWRPMM,SURERMM,SUREShortcut&Counterweight,SUREg/knob,ApexiTT,HDIStg2Evoboostcontroller
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: Load targets

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Please post a WOT pull log using the General Performance preset. Log from 2000 - 6200 in 3rd if safe/legal to do so.
joey

Post by joey »

Hi, see attached. I did a custom log tho.
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs WOT - 16-11-2011.zip
WOT run 16Nov2011
(193.84 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
Versatune,FMIC,3"SRI,3"TIP,HKSSSQv4,3"Turboback,Devil'sOwnWMIStg2kit,AutotechHPFP,JBREGRdelete,JBRBSD&Baffleplate,RacingLogiccoilovers,TRZTMM,AWRPMM,SURERMM,SUREShortcut&Counterweight,SUREg/knob,ApexiTT,HDIStg2Evoboostcontroller
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

I need the PIDs in the general performance preset to see what is going on with load. Your STFT's seem off the chart. Those really should be low. If you are really using 50% STFT, then that would cause your load calc to be way off.
joey

Post by joey »

How can i take control of the STFT? According to Abilor's guide you should only do the MAF cal on the LTFT.
joey

Post by joey »

Steve @ VersaTune wrote:I need the PIDs in the general performance preset to see what is going on with load. Your STFT's seem off the chart. Those really should be low. If you are really using 50% STFT, then that would cause your load calc to be way off.
Steve, I'll do a GP log tonight. I just got to work so you'll most probably only see the log tomorrow. :)
joey

Post by joey »

OK, so i've checked my OL MAF cal and it was kinda off. I did 3 WOT logs and did the MAF cal corrections accordingly. Seems like i'm getting my commanded afr's at wot now(or more or less).

So now to move on to upping my load targets... I'm getting a P0246 dtc error... Wastgate boost solenoid high voltage. I'm not boosting much, seems like 10.8psi peak boost on my HDI boost gauge. I still have the base 95EU map's load targets. What is the best way of upping the LT's? Can I select the whole LT Normal map and multiply by 1.1 as a start and see if i hit my LT's?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Check your solenoid and wiring. The solenoid may have died or there is a short. That is why you're not hitting load targets.
joey

Post by joey »

i'm gona remove the solenoid. Is there a way of testing it out of car?

The wiring does look fine tho.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

You can test it off the car by putting 12v to it. It should click.

With it on the car, you should be able to hear it click when you floor the accelerator pedal with the key on and the engine off.

The 2 pin connector should have +12v switched on one side and PWM ground on the other.