Load targets

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
joey

Re: Load targets

Post by joey »

I followed these test case senario's:

https://euroesi.mazda.co.jp/esicont/eu_ ... 06400.html

https://euroesi.mazda.co.jp/esicont/eu_ ... 00600.html

Seems like the Solenoid is mucked up... Warrantee here I come!

Thx for the help Steve!!

PS: If someone didn't know where the engine relay in your main relay box was, here it is at nr10.
http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/showA ... ct=1897497
Versatune,FMIC,3"SRI,3"TIP,HKSSSQv4,3"Turboback,Devil'sOwnWMIStg2kit,AutotechHPFP,JBREGRdelete,JBRBSD&Baffleplate,RacingLogiccoilovers,TRZTMM,AWRPMM,SURERMM,SUREShortcut&Counterweight,SUREg/knob,ApexiTT,HDIStg2Evoboostcontroller
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

I popped that 5A fuse before. Kills the fun pretty quick :)
joey

Post by joey »

Steve @ VersaTune wrote:I popped that 5A fuse before. Kills the fun pretty quick :)
Hey Steve,

So I only got the boost sol replaced recently. I have connected it up and its working again! LOL

BUT... I still seem to miss my loads? My MAF is calibrated to abs(4). AFR commanded is 11.8. Also added some new goodies to the cab since last we chatted. See my sig below. I command about 1.9load at wot and 100% APP, but I only hit 1.7ísh loads..

Here is one of my latest 4th gear wot logs. And the map just in case.

Have a look at the log Excel workbook, there are four sheets. The first one is the main one and the rest is the runs broken down into sheets. Just easier that way :woohooo

Here's a vid too :drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIxHQ7I1 ... re=mh_lolz
Attachments
Monsta v2.00.zip
MAP
(73.47 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
OL WOT RUNS.zip
OL runs x3
(250.83 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
Versatune,FMIC,3"SRI,3"TIP,HKSSSQv4,3"Turboback,Devil'sOwnWMIStg2kit,AutotechHPFP,JBREGRdelete,JBRBSD&Baffleplate,RacingLogiccoilovers,TRZTMM,AWRPMM,SURERMM,SUREShortcut&Counterweight,SUREg/knob,ApexiTT,HDIStg2Evoboostcontroller
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

What altitude are you at? What is the ambient temperature and barometer? Please include TPS in your WOT logs to see if the ECU is closing the throttle.

Thanks!
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

There are a few of things with your tune that I consider not quite right:
- By example the CL-OL load transition is made at load 1.25 (!!).
- For AFR you simply copied and pasted the 0.768 values in all cells even if the stock values were actually leaner (i understand you like them leaner). Since as far as I can tell you started from an OTS map you should have left the fueling tables untouched because they are pretty good.
- you raised the fuel cut boost limit a bit too high considering the throttle close limit. However, considering the load targets you have I'd say that the stock MAP sensor is not enough :) load 2 at 6000rpm is about 20-21psi of boost depending on the elevation and may not be possible with the stock turbo.

My recommendation is to start over with the OTS high load tune and fix the boost leak you currently have, because 255-260g/s of air flow and only 14PSI - 15 tops of boost can't mean anything else than a boost leak.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
joey

Post by joey »

Awesome, thx guys!

I have since then, removed my fmic and fitted my tmic again. This is my founding's: The vac/boost hose to the actuator was a bit too long. Shortened it and i'm hitting 1.1bar now(similar to the stock length). Car feels a lot stronger(weird i know).

I'm at sea level(101kpa) and my BAT's are very good ie: +-10deg above ambient in wot.

Steve: I will include my RTP in my next logs. Then we can see what my throttle is doing.

Mutic: The AFR in KR detection is 0.5afr(11.3) less than commanded AFR of 11.8. I set that according to Abilor's guide. Also the CL-OL trans is set according to Abilor's guide.

What my plan is, is to get a good map setup before I switch over to the HDI kit again. With the HDI kit i hit pretty good loads which is on par with the map.
joey

Post by joey »

New logs attached. Im getting there slowly but surely. 280g/s at max 0.9bar boost(avg 0.8b).

Let me know your thoughts on my log.

BTW: I started from scratch with my MAF cal. I know about the 17% LTFT. I have calibrated it to less than abs(4).
Attachments
31 July 2012.zip
31st July 2012 2am
(406.92 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

You definitely need to spend more time with your MAF cal, the OL part is pretty good but in the CL part you have LTFT's of 12-14. Apart from that the WOT logs look pretty clean.
Now I think you're ready to drop the APP and Desired AFR and start logging timing and wastegate duty cycle. Keep a different set of log presets for MAF CAL's and for WOT logs.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
joey

Post by joey »

mituc wrote:You definitely need to spend more time with your MAF cal, the OL part is pretty good but in the CL part you have LTFT's of 12-14. Apart from that the WOT logs look pretty clean.
Now I think you're ready to drop the APP and Desired AFR and start logging timing and wastegate duty cycle. Keep a different set of log presets for MAF CAL's and for WOT logs.
Thx and I do know that about my CL LTFT, as I said I was recalibrating it. Its down to abs(2) now. I'm a perfectionist like that haha.

Why would I want to drop the APP and Desired AFR? I'm aiming for 12.4. I started at 11.4 and worked my way up to 11.8.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

I wouldn't run it up to 12.4, you will hardly see a power increase but you will be more susceptible to high EGT's and KR. I would keep it at 11.8 and work on ignition timing.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe