Aggressive throttle calibration??

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
lincsmps6

Aggressive throttle calibration??

Post by lincsmps6 »

Hi, I have been looking at altering the throttle calibration maps. I would like to make them more aggressive in that at 25% throttle the reported position is 50%. at 50% throttle the reported is 75%.
I have smoothed out the entire graph and started more gently, it looks slightly S shaped. I want to do this because it will make the car feel more musclular even though its not, but to new drivers it would feel very eager!
I would also like to have the same map for all 6 gears.
Can you see any problems with doing this? All other parts of the tune are your standard hi-load settings.
I used to own Vauxhall Astra turbo and this was set up similarly from the factory - part throttle application was not linear and at something like 25% the car was actually 75%! Made it feel very much more eager than it really was, although as you squeezed the throttle more, less happened if you know what I mean!

Cheers...
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: Aggressive throttle calibration??

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

To accomplish this, alter the APP Requested Load Normal and Overload tables so that the requested load matches the profile that you describe. It is like that to a certain degree from the factory, but you can slope it more aggressively.
06Speed6

Re: Aggressive throttle calibration??

Post by 06Speed6 »

I have changed mine up alot but be careful of making the lower app percentages too aggressive because it makes the throttle jerky when cruising at low loads especially in 5th and 6th. I have seperate maps for those gears that are near stock until ~40% app then its wot by 60%. My 1-5 gears are stock until ~40% app then jump to ~75% throttle by 60% app then it ramps really slow to wot so that I can control wheel spin.