APP requested load / req'd load gear limit relationship

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: APP requested load / req'd load gear limit relationship

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Requested load is used as an axis in the requested TPS lookup (DBW tables) which is used by the BCSDC Base lookup.

Gears with less requested load will potentially have lower requested DBW throttle, and then lower BCS DC base than gears with higher requested load.
MPS2NV

Post by MPS2NV »

Another case of over thinking :)

Love your work Steve!
MPS6, CP-e 3.25 maf-TIP-HPFP-injector seals-DP-TMIC-Magnum pistons,DNP manifold,Corksport CBE,ATP GTX3071r,Carrillo H beam rods, ARP main/head studs, GS BCS,Turbosmart BOV,Ported manifolds/head,engine balanced
mrQQ

Post by mrQQ »

Because usually requested load does not differ much per different gears. WGDC table is just a "base" table, the actual wgdc is afterwards adjusted depending on what load was reached. In higher gears there is usually quite much time for ECU to adjust to it accurutely, so I would try to match wgdc to your lower gears (or highest load, whichever you prefer)
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

mrQQ wrote:Because usually requested load does not differ much per different gears. WGDC table is just a "base" table, the actual wgdc is afterwards adjusted depending on what load was reached. In higher gears there is usually quite much time for ECU to adjust to it accurutely, so I would try to match wgdc to your lower gears (or highest load, whichever you prefer)
+1, I also set the wgdc between 5-10 from what is required then use higher values in the correction table. Helps prevent overboost and oscillation.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe