Load and fuel psi targets after hpfp internals

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Bigmike7645

Load and fuel psi targets after hpfp internals

Post by Bigmike7645 »

My corksport internals will be delivered tomorrow, so I'm working on writing a tune today. My questions are :
1- is my understanding correct that my target rail psi shouldn't really change?
2- what is a good starting point for load targeting?

I'm running a stage 2 corksport tip sri, hks bpv, catless dp, race pipe, and custom 2.5" aero turbine exhaust. Engine is stock. The tune I have in it is working beautifully, maf is calibrated so max fuel trim deviation is 1.8% and desired vs actual afr is spot on. My rail pressure holds to within about 100-150 psi of commanded with a max of 1769psi commanded. my wgdc adjustments and requested load multiplier accel/deceleration settings have eliminated all boost spikes.

Just looking for a little guidance on starting loads and clarification that the spill valve still dumps at 1800 even after internals are installed. I'll take it from there, and thanks!
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Load and fuel psi targets after hpfp internals

Post by mituc »

1. my recommendation is to leave the fuel rail pressure target tables unchanged. The aftermarket internals will move more fuel anyway and will exceed those pressure values, and if you set the targets too high the excess of pressure will make the PRV work too much and eventually fail.
2. get the load target tables from a high load tune and work you way up from there. With a stock turbo and some exhaust mods you should be able to go up to load 2.2 in the mid range (3500-5000) and adjust the load curve from that point on based on the WGDCs you get.

Once you adjust your tune and take a log with the internals you can post some logs using the preset from the URL below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmw8hc97atbqp ... vtpre?dl=0
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Bigmike7645

Re: Load and fuel psi targets after hpfp internals

Post by Bigmike7645 »

That's exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks for the quick reply and the knowledge!