1st Dyno run on VT High Load map - wtf?

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
skiptownmcat

Re: 1st Dyno run on VT High Load map - wtf?

Post by skiptownmcat »

Go into the BCS base table, cut the 2250 rpm column to 50 from 100, reduce the right hand side of your BCS dc load target correction table.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Copy the BCS DC Base and BCS DC Load Target Correction tables from the Base 93US/98EU Octane High Load - Grimmspeed Interrupt tune.

That will give you a good starting point.
maestro

Post by maestro »

So I copy those tables from the Base 93US/98EU Octane High Load - Grimmspeed Interrupt tune and paste them into my current tune - the high load one? :)
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Or copy your MAF cal and any other changes from your working tune to the Grimmspeed High Load tune.

Whichever is easier.

Edit - Whoops I forgot to publish the High Load Grimmspeed tune. I'll get that in the DB ASAP!
maestro

Post by maestro »

Okay - I'll wait for that tune and copy over the MAF cal :thumbup
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

I published the High Load Grimmspeed tune. It only differs from the standard High Load tune in the BCS DC Base and BCS DC Load Target Correction tables.
maestro

Post by maestro »

Excellent thanks :D

Just need to get the bots to convert my Grimmspeed to 3-port mode now. Apparently I need nipples :biggrin2
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

maestro wrote:Excellent thanks :D

Just need to get the bots to convert my Grimmspeed to 3-port mode now. Apparently I need nipples :biggrin2
If you copy the 3 port map and then run your BCS in 3 port mode you will probably still get that spike as the tune was designed for a stock car.

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
maestro

Post by maestro »

Right, I've finally got chance to run the car again for logging and tweaking. For the record, I haven't yet moved to 3 port mode because I haven't got the bits :D

I've reduced the BCS DC somewhat at low rpm and raised my target loads a little - the idea being that I spool slower and the ECU doesn't flip out as much. But I'm still whamming straight up to 2.0 load (which is above target) at 2700rpm and the ECU is backing off and throwing a wobbler at the WG. Should I literally be reducing my BCD DC until it spools so slowly the ECU can handle it? I'm gonna be hitting peak boost at <50% WGDC - is that normal? :)
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

skiptownmcat wrote:Go into the BCS base table, cut the 2250 rpm column to 50 from 100, reduce the right hand side of your BCS dc load target correction table.
Did you do this?