1st Dyno run on VT High Load map - wtf?

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
maestro

Re: 1st Dyno run on VT High Load map - wtf?

Post by maestro »

Thanks Steve. AFR is fine, what's acceptable BAT? :) And am I on the right track now with sorting this 'ere boost spike and whatnot? :mrgreen:

Also- more generic question. What is the downside to increasing target load? i.e. what could go wrong? My car seems perfectly happy to give me 2 load but what's the implications of simply increasing it? :geek:
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Obviously it increases stress on the engine, turbo and gearbox. Can the engine take it? I've run 5k miles now with 2.2 loads and it hasn't missed a beat...yet.

Are you running itv 22's? Probably a good idea to get them now.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
maestro

Post by maestro »

Well it's not like I run WOT all the time :D 90% of my many, many miles are on the motorway at 70-80mph so once I've got peak performance sorted I'm going to really concentrate on efficiencies at part throttle cruising. As for WOT stresses, it's a performance engine, right? And there are tonnes of 300+bhp cars out there running perfectly happily so I guess there's no harm in me raising the bar just a little :lol:
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

As stated, the risk of higher load is engine or drivetrain damage. The CX-7 targets close to 1.8 load stock. Just be sensible about it.

Regarding high BATs, the ECU starts to reduce requested load at 70C by default. The ECU also pulls timing when BAT and/or ECT are high.

Generally keeping BATs below 60C is a good idea. Obviously, in warmer climates, it's not always possible. The Australian flavor of the ECU has accommodations for the high heat there.
maestro

Post by maestro »

Cool - my loads are mostly around 2 so that's OK. Also, I haven't seen BATs above 50*C yet :thumbs: