eTuning

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: eTuning

Post by mituc »

Johnnymps wrote:A guy on the mps group told me he got a versatune and he was telling me he had some problems and needed a etune to sort it out.

I'm a bit hesitant though as I already spent money for the Versa tune so why spend more for another tune.

Post here a 4th gear WOT log between 3000 and 6000rpm and let's see what the problem may be.
Log the following:
1. Absolute load;
2. Engine RPM;
3. Mass airflow;
4. actual AFR
5. desired AFR
6. Fuel Rail Pressure;
7. Injector Duty Cycle;
8. Timing Advance;
9. Knock retard;
10. Manifold Absolute Pressure;
11. Wastegate Duty Cycle;
12. Vehicle Speed;

Also remember that the OTS (off the shelf) tunes are general tunes, they are not calibrated specifically for your vehicle. Also, tuning around defects is not a good idea, so your friend might have acquired VT and use it a bit inappropriately, because once you get to know the defect you should fix it.
But let's see what you've got. We can make your car mad...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Thanks Mituc! I was going to ask for logs too.
Johnnymps

Post by Johnnymps »

Ok I will get some logs done and report back thanks. I don't understand the logs (i did 2 but just picked some random things that sounded good) but when you say a 4th gear wot log between 3 and 6, do you want me to gun it in 4Th and show you the logs.

And what about the other gears as 4Th seems to be my strongest gear and I really want to improve the boost in 2Nd and 3rd
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Johnny, you need to clear the dashboard in VersaTuner and drag and drop the 12 parameters that Mituc asked you to log onto the dashboard. Then go onto the highway or any other place where you can safely reach high speeds, put the car into 4th, drive at a speed that makes your engine run at around 2000 RPMs. Hit the Record button in VersaTuner, then floor the car and keep it floored until it reaches 6000 RPM. Then click Stop Recording.Then open the Logs tab and you will see your log in the list. Please export (share) that log and post it here, we will analyze it and tell you whether your car is performing like it should. If there is an issue, correcting it will fix performance in all gears. If 4th gear is too fast for your local speed limits, you can do the same in 3rd.
Johnnymps

Post by Johnnymps »

Holly crap if i do that i will be reaching what ,200 km/hr ? There is no place i can do this without getting fined lol. Our speed limit here is 100km/hr.

I will try and log these parameters tomorrow, but cant promise i can get 6000rpms. Can i do it in 2nd or 3rd at 6000rps ?

I just read you said i can do it in 3rd gear :biggrin
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

3rd gear works fine, too. In 2nd things change too fast to get accurately logged.
Johnnymps

Post by Johnnymps »

this is run 1
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs.zip
(17.78 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
Johnnymps

Post by Johnnymps »

run 2

I hope I did it right. I added boost to the parameters as well as the ones yous mentioned. I hope its all good and what you wanted.

For some reason my car doesn't always boost the same, sometimes it has more boost and other times I cant feel it. So hopefully there is something you can change to make it feel more punchy and consistent as that would be great :biggrin

I don't like having to floor it to feel the boost in my car, would be nice if I didn't always have to do this as I don't like to thrash my car. Just power when I need it at a consistent basis would be nice.
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs 2.zip
(36.81 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

What MAP sensor do you actually have? Is it the 3BAR, 3.5BAR bosch, 3.5BAR AEM or the factory MAP sensor?
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Johnnymps

Post by Johnnymps »

Its the factory one as far as i know, every5hing is stock in my car except the tune now.