eTuning

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

eTuning

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

We are aware that not everyone has the time or inclination to tune their own car. As the lead tuner at VersaTune, I have made every effort to offer as much tuning assistance as time allows, and will continue to do so in the future. But, there are many more VersaTuner customers than I have time to provide detailed tuning advice for. So, we are providing for your reference a list of tuners who eTune with VersaTuner.

Stratified Automotive Controls
www.stratifiedauto.com
Stratified

Re: eTuning

Post by Stratified »

Thanks for the introduction Steve - We've tuned many Mazda DISI engines and we're happy to be here and help! It is best to contact me directly through my site (https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.ph ... contact_us) but I will do my best to keep my eye on here as well.

Cheers,
Alex
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

As soon as I get my money together for a turbo, you will be getting the call.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Phil MC

Post by Phil MC »

Alex, I'll be fitting my upgrade components within the next 2 wks and will give you a shout for your expert E-tuning guidance if thats ok? Please PM me your rates and/or details.

Thanks, Phil.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

After I went big turbo I had my car tuned by Alex@Stratified. This was a very good experience, the car feels good and I've got what I wanted, more power up top. Basically with the current setup and the tune from Stratified I get around 20-20.5PSI or so from about 3700 up to red line. Peak power also occurs around redline (6600+ rpm) which is a dream.
Of course, I still have the stock rods and stock MAP sensor and I'm thinking at least about the 3BAR MAP sensor + an upgraded relief valve, and stop with the tuning somewhere around 23PSI or so just to make sure I'll still have the engine by the time I'll put the rods on.

Alex is a great guy, he's neat, careful and listens to what the customer has to say. And needless to say he has a lot of experience and knowledge that a noob like me isn't even qualified to evaluate in any way rather than figuring out that he has a lot of it. Working with him was an awesome experience and I've learnt a few things. I wish I could have learnt more but my limited experience or even knowledge in this field prevented me from understanding and assimilating a lot of aspects, pretty much anything except for wastegate, boost, timing and load control. And this is also one of the reasons why I recommend getting a professional tuner work on your car if the current setup is far from stock, and in this case I recommend Alex in particular.
Last edited by mituc on May 8th, 2012, 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
manselainen

Post by manselainen »

Have you lived in some English speaking country or what have you done to get such a good English? Really, just great. It's fun to read US forums and to notice how some over there can't spell. :screwy
Tuned with Image by Image

3 MPS '07, BNR S3, ported IM, VTCS delete, test pipe, PTP HPFP internals, RMM
keridil

Post by keridil »

manselainen wrote:Have you lived in some English speaking country or what have you done to get such a good English? Really, just great. It's fun to read US forums and to notice how some over there can't spell. :screwy
I think that is in the Romanians DNA, they do the same with my mother tongue. Sometimes is quite difficult to spot them just listening how they speak. :) I wish that spaniards can do that. :banghead
Mazda 6 MPS, BPV GFB, RX-8 wheels, B8 + Eibach Pro-Kit, CS 3" SRI, GS EBCS (interrupt), CS 3" TMIC, EGR off, HPFP internals, CS catted downpipe, 3 bar MAP, BNRS3, forged engine and stuff
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

manselainen wrote:Have you lived in some English speaking country or what have you done to get such a good English? Really, just great. It's fun to read US forums and to notice how some over there can't spell. :screwy
Thanks!
Well, it just takes a lot of practice I guess. And people that can't spell in their mother language are everywhere. I always thought that speaking a foreign language is a matter of respect to the people you're trying to communicate with, and it's not necessarily about how good you're at it but about how hard you're trying to be as good as you can at it. And when it's about the mother language... well... that's about respecting your origins and some people simply fail at this :)

Keridil, my mother language and yours have a lot in common accent wise. Same for Italian and Portuguese. I don't speak either of these, I used to speak a decent French like 15-17 years back but I never practised it since then so it fade away.
So I think that's why it's very hard to figure which people are native and which are not especially if it's a region where the main accent is the general adopted one :) As for the Romanians living in Spain... I hope you have a good time with them, personally I tend to call at least 25% of them "people from Romania" and not "Romanians". But I guess every country has its percents, just that Romanians tend to be not Romanians in a higher percent (which makes me less proud and frustrated sometimes).
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
keridil

Post by keridil »

mituc wrote:As for the Romanians living in Spain... I hope you have a good time with them, personally I tend to call at least 25% of them "people from Romania" and not "Romanians". But I guess every country has its percents, just that Romanians tend to be not Romanians in a higher percent (which makes me less proud and frustrated sometimes).
I think that I know more explicitly what are you talking about. Don't worry about it, I always had very good times with Romanians in Spain, as friends and as coworkers, men and women. I always think of me as a world citizen and I love other cultures, that's why my best friend in Madrid was a Danish and a very good friend of my wife was Romanian. ;)

My moto in this short life we live is live and let others live. ;)

Cheers.
Mazda 6 MPS, BPV GFB, RX-8 wheels, B8 + Eibach Pro-Kit, CS 3" SRI, GS EBCS (interrupt), CS 3" TMIC, EGR off, HPFP internals, CS catted downpipe, 3 bar MAP, BNRS3, forged engine and stuff
Johnnymps

Post by Johnnymps »

Hi, I recently got versatune new on my mazda 3 mps and a little disappointed with the difference it made compared to stock.

But I was disappointed with the stock power as it doesn't seem consistent power wise. Some times I really feel the boost and other times I don't, so I'm not sure if everything is working how it should. Someone said I should get a etune as they can tune everything and also check if everything is running right.

A guy on the mps group told me he got a versatune and he was telling me he had some problems and needed a etune to sort it out.

I'm a bit hesitant though as I already spent money for the Versa tune so why spend more for another tune.

I'm in Australia and wondering who is the best to look at my car and can you tell me the prices fist and what's involved as I've never done this before and not sure how anyone can even tune someones car accurately when they aren't even here in person, thanks.