Gen1 MSP3

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Classified

Gen1 MSP3

Post by Classified »

Hey guys,

Have read almost every post in the last few days.

I own a 06 stock mps3 in aus, i am soon to be getting a custom SRI and possibly a DP but we will see as i want to spend that money on a tune.

I was thinking either mazdaedit or VT but it seems that the support over here is fricken amazing so i have decided on VT.

I have been talking to a few pro tuners and hobby tuners and the like telling me that i should be looking at a ridiculous expensive ecutek tune over using VT.
"These guys dont have the definition files to get good tunes"
Can anyone please enlighten me? What other maps do ecutek have that VT cant provide or utilise that would compromise a safe, reliable tune on my MS?

Skiptown seems to have gotten good results yeah? He seems to think it is a winner over the plug n play options from hypertech and cobb AP's.

Are the load tables, waste gate duty cycle, ignition timing, idle, afr, maf and map tables all i need?

This car may well end up with a full blown internal overhaul, turbo, fuel pumps, meth, etc. Will VT still handle top end upgrades?

I have owned and driven lots of top end high performance vehicles but always just paid for it. I want to earn this car, and build it my self. When i spin in 4th i wanna know thats because of me. But if VT cant do it then i guess ill just pay for another car.

Cheers
Classi.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: Gen1 MSP3

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

VersaTuner for Mazda 3 MPS currently has 159 tables exposed and more coming. We expose more than just the basic Load, AFR, Boost, and Timing. We expose the load limiting tables and drivability related tables too. Most people are actually overwhelmed by all of the tables at first glance. Each table in the tune editor has a description and clearly labeled axis. The VersaTuner community is a very friendly group that is willing to offer tuning advice to those who request it.

VersaTuner also provides these features:
Smooth Shift to eliminate stuttering on fast 1-2 and 2-3 shifts
User configurable Launch Control and No-Lift-Shift
Datalogging and Graphing with Virtual Dyno log export format option
DTC management - read, clear, and disabling of any/all powertrain DTCs

When you change your engine hardware configuration, you don't need to pay someone to re-tune your car. You are empowered to tune youself.
If you have any questions about the capabilities, feel free to ask other VersaTuner customers, or contact Alex at Stratified Automotive. Alex is an experienced, highly respected, and very capable tuner of the Mazda MZR 2.3 DISI engine.

Feel free to post here or contact me with any questions you may have.
skiptownmcat

Re: Gen1 MSP3

Post by skiptownmcat »

Get the software first, dig into the high load tune and ask questions. It quickly becomes apparent how the tables interact with each other and what is required to make more power safely.
I have had zero previous tuning experience and have a self tuned 300+whp car which hasn't blown up yet in over 10k of hard driving. Make small changes, ask plenty of questions here and you will be steered in the right direction.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe