Ignition tables

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Sassimac

Re: Ignition tables

Post by Sassimac »

mituc wrote:The closed loop timing tables look good, you have significant changes in the rev range where it really matters. If you don't have any crazy KR there then it's fine.

I noticed that you're using significantly less timing in open loop without having the per gear load limits significantly changed. So with the boost just slightly increased I can't find a good explanation for those significantly lower timing advance values.
The reason for the only slightly higher load targets at WOT is to keep the boost pressure in check. The CX7 is different to the Speed3 relating to the inlet. My aim was to keep boost targets below 17PSI. Hence a 1.8 load target. Even with that low target, I made almost 20kw more..!!!

Timing (OL) was kept down to reduce knock at WOT. I have found the CX7 pings its ring off very easily. This is more of a safety thing, than outright performance. The car is a daily driver, so my goal was economy and good low end performance. High end power is just simply not that important.

The results of this tune can be found in CX7 Tuning Thread.
Tuned with Image by Image
Now not a Beta Tester. Proud Owner of a Personal License.

I use ECU Tools for iPhone to help with Boost & AFR conversions..!!

Mods include: ETS TMIC, K&N Filter and Turbosmart BOV.
mrQQ

Post by mrQQ »

Steve,

can you please chime in on table name changes from 1.5 to 1.6?

what has been OL/CL transition has become abnormal, correct?

but I had Closed Loop Max changed in older version, and upgrading to 1.6 it is shown as stock. Why so?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Just the names changed. The internal IDs remained the same, so any changes to a particular table would still be there, just with a new table name.

The changes were the result of reviewing the ignition timing code more thoroughly. I'll look up what table became what and post it here.
mrQQ

Post by mrQQ »

hi,

from what i gather

closed/open transition tables became closed loop tables
closed loop tables became abnormal tables

what are abnormal tables for?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

There are a bunch of flags that need to be set to use those tables. I have not traced them back yet. They don't appear to be used in normal operation, so I called them abnormal.