Idling issues after driving and flash of ecu

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Idling issues after driving and flash of ecu

Post by mituc »

Positive LTFT's indicate a lean condition, means that the ECU is adding fuel to meet the commanded AFR's.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
N3RDPWR

Post by N3RDPWR »

I understand that the LTFT is positive however the STFT is constantly sitting in the negitive to counter the positive value... what the....

After running the mix with 5% more it still runs rich as.

And when I back off the lambda goes to 0.6xx...
I will log this and post on the forum.

This is certainly the strangest car I've ever had to tune.
'07 Speed3
CP Custom Forged Pistons, Pauter Forged Rods, ATP GT3071R, CP-E 3" Full Exhaust, ATP FMIC, mrlilguy CDFP, Spec Stage 2+ Clutch, Fidanza Lightened Flywheel, Custom Injen SRI (Chopped)
N3RDPWR

Post by N3RDPWR »

Ok... so new development in the story...

I've pulled out the FMIC.. well the plumbing for it... I can't be bothered taking off the front bar just yet :)

I've put the the top mount back in...

Now... There is a fair bit of oil in the plumbing.... which looks like I need a catch can... so thats the next thing.. but the car does seem to run a little better...

Will update you guys when I pull out the front mount and see how much oil is actually in it.
'07 Speed3
CP Custom Forged Pistons, Pauter Forged Rods, ATP GT3071R, CP-E 3" Full Exhaust, ATP FMIC, mrlilguy CDFP, Spec Stage 2+ Clutch, Fidanza Lightened Flywheel, Custom Injen SRI (Chopped)