Stratified Tuning

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
JUT

Stratified Tuning

Post by JUT »

I have been asked by Alex from Stratified Tuning to ask anybody that is being tuned or has been tuned by him not to go WOT if you have flashed a map with VT 1.7 or 1.7.1 until he contacts you with further information. If you have access to VT software 1.6.0 then it is advised to flash your tune again using this older revision.

Many thanks,

Justin
2005 Mazda 6 MPS
BNR Stage 2 Turbo, DNP Manifold, CP-e Safe Seals, Corksport "RAMAIR" FMIC / Intake, 3" TBE, HPFP Internals, Forge BPV, EGR Delete, VTCS Delete, H&R Springs, Blistein B8 Dampers, Whiteline Rear ARB, Tuned with Image
bjf

Re: Stratified Tuning

Post by bjf »

Does this concern only maps by Alex or is it a general versatune 1.7 bug?

e.g. Should i be concerned having flashed the high load 98EU default tune?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

We are currently investigating the scope and cause of the issue.

To determine if you are having a similar issue, log ignition timing at WOT and compare the logged values to the OL Base Timing table and the OL MAX Timing table. If your logged timing values are the same as the OL MAX Timing, then you are affected. Avoid additional WOT operation until you verify that WOT ignition timing is correct.

A temporary resolution is to reflash your car using version 1.6.x, or lower your OL MAX Timing table to the OL Base Timing values.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Ok, Today I was WOT all day, it was a information gathering day. :banghead
I have no knock at WOT, or was minimal (0.35 max).

later edit: My WOT timing values seem to be exactly the ones on the OL Base table. Versatuner version 1.7.0. Oh man... my balls almost dried out and fell off!
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
JUT

Post by JUT »

Good info Mituc, looks like it's only the 6 that is affected using VT 1.7.1. Thanks.
2005 Mazda 6 MPS
BNR Stage 2 Turbo, DNP Manifold, CP-e Safe Seals, Corksport "RAMAIR" FMIC / Intake, 3" TBE, HPFP Internals, Forge BPV, EGR Delete, VTCS Delete, H&R Springs, Blistein B8 Dampers, Whiteline Rear ARB, Tuned with Image
YuraL

Post by YuraL »

Normal Ignition Table:

Max Ignition Table:

Real Ignition from Log:
400+ Mazda6 MPS
ATP GTX3071, AEM SRI, CPe TIP, Treadstone TR11 FMIC, 3" Rud Exhaust, KMD HPFP, Methanol Injection Kit, CP Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods
Tuned with Image
bjf

Post by bjf »

Can we expect a fix anytime in the near future?
I myself bought the software right as the 1.7 came out, and the first link i got was for 1.7
so i don't have the downgrade to 1.6 option to resort to.

Best regards
/Bjorn
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

YuraL wrote:Real Ignition from Log:
So you have less than 2 degrees of retard with 18.5 degrees of timing at WOT, at MAX load, close to read line? :) Scary, but not bad :) Means you could run like 17 degrees if timing there with no knock :)
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
mps6dave

Post by mps6dave »

bjf wrote:Can we expect a fix anytime in the near future?
I myself bought the software right as the 1.7 came out, and the first link i got was for 1.7
so i don't have the downgrade to 1.6 option to resort to.

Best regards
/Bjorn
Yeah this.struggling with mine luckily jut has got me a quick fix but were messing with 3k of engine here :banghead
YuraL

Post by YuraL »

mituc wrote: So you have less than 2 degrees of retard with 18.5 degrees of timing at WOT, at MAX load, close to read line? :) Scary, but not bad :) Means you could run like 17 degrees if timing there with no knock :)
Methanol is working :)
400+ Mazda6 MPS
ATP GTX3071, AEM SRI, CPe TIP, Treadstone TR11 FMIC, 3" Rud Exhaust, KMD HPFP, Methanol Injection Kit, CP Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods
Tuned with Image