New uk member of VT

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Tombs

New uk member of VT

Post by Tombs »

Hello all, This is my first time at trying to tune a car, so i'm learning as I go and I will have to ask loads of questions, some silly one's too...I've had VT for 2 weeks now, I first flashed the Base high load which I found to be good but not as good as I thought it would be.
Then yesterday I flashed the base Tune 93/95 oct CAI and tip, This tune I liked! But my concern is there are two tunes for a CAI with different octane, I use oct99 so is the tune i'm using now safe?

Also the AEM/Mazdaspeed CAI 98oct tune with maf calibration do you use this tune if you only have a AEM CAI? or do you use this tune to calibrate maf sensor?

My set up is: MPS6 - Injen CAI - Rear Engine Mount -thats it for now, more to follow...
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: New uk member of VT

Post by mituc »

You are in EUrope/UK so finding high octane gas should not be a problem. These cars are supposed to use 98RON/93OCT fuel or higher anyway.
So yes, you should be safe.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Tombs

Post by Tombs »

Thanks for the reply mate :thumbup
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

The Mazdaspeed/AEM CAI tune contains MAF tables calibrated for a Mazdaspeed/AEM CAI. If you have a different CAI, you should stick with the stock MAF cal and custom calibrate from there. You may want to see if anyone else has the same CAI as you that would be willing to share their MAF calibration. That would be a better starting point.
Tombs

Post by Tombs »

Steve @ VersaTune wrote:The Mazdaspeed/AEM CAI tune contains MAF tables calibrated for a Mazdaspeed/AEM CAI. If you have a different CAI, you should stick with the stock MAF cal and custom calibrate from there. You may want to see if anyone else has the same CAI as you that would be willing to share their MAF calibration. That would be a better starting point.
Thanks Steve
Tombs

Post by Tombs »

Another question....Flashed a different tune on today and drove for 18miles normal and then rememberd I forgot to install launch control, does that now mean I will have to re-flash the same tune and then drive 20miles normal? or if you re-flash the same tune, can you drive as you want from the off?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Yes, every time you change an option you have to re-flash the tune again.

18-20 miles is too few. Of course, if you have a perfect maf cal for this weather and the BCS DC base table is also perfectly calibrated for your car and the current weather conditions you can start driving it as you stole it from the first second. Give it 30-50 miles of learning and adjusting before going WOT if you're tuning boost, ignition or APP calibration. if you're still doing your MAF CAL I'd suggest 150-200 miles at least.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP