Adjusting Load Targets per gear.

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Pinni

Adjusting Load Targets per gear.

Post by Pinni »

Ok so I have beeb running the High load tune for a month or two now and I travel 150kms per day for work, so I think plenty of settling time. I'm not wondering if there is anything else to be had from the load targets on a stock MPS. The only mods are Cobb SRI and second Cat delete. I get no KR on the High Load tune and only ever fill with 98octane fuels. I notice that the highest load in the H/L tune is 1.8 and I wonder if there is a little headroom in there 'without' more mods or if more mods are the only way to increase the load targets.

Cheers in advance
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: Adjusting Load Targets per gear.

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

You can add a little more below 5000rpm. You won't see much more over 5000 due to the flow limits of the turbo.

Add load in .05 increments and watch knock, MAP, and fuel pressure. I wouldn't go over 2.0 without a HPFP upgrade.

Make sure that you raise APP req load, req load baro specific, req load limit rpm, etc. as well so that they don't limit your requested load. Watch MAP so that you don't hit fuel cut.
Pinni

Post by Pinni »

Cheers for the quick reply Steve. I understand the concepts to do this but I'm extremely time poor so I may just have to shell out and have it tuned at the shop.
I would have thought that a load value of 2.0 even with a hpfp on my mods would have been excessive? Maybe I'm wrong.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

CX-7s target 1.737 stock. 2.0 is only 15% higher than that. Keep it sane below 3000 with stock rods though.