problem with WGDC

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Martin

problem with WGDC

Post by Martin »

hello,
I have a problem with boost control. I work with the grimspeed.Have a large turbo and the engine is modified.
Target boost pressure can not be reached.
WGDC drops to 0%.
Annexed my log to the problem.

please help of you, thank you

Gruß Martin
VersaTuner Logs WGDC 0%.zip
(31.42 KiB) Downloaded 846 times
skiptownmcat

Re: problem with WGDC

Post by skiptownmcat »

Maybe your injector duty cycle limit. Stock is 80% and it will zero the wgdc when that's reached. I'm away from my computer to check the log but change it to 90 or 100 and see if it helps.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

You are getting above 100% injector duty cycle at line 72 in your log (if you export it as CSV) and you are around or above 95% anywhere above 6000rpm.

Also, 360g/s at 263kPa is a bit odd unless there were like -10C outside, however I'd be curious to see your MAF cal and fueling tables - if you are willing to post your tune or PM it to me.
Too bad you did not log the actual AFR's here but instead you're logging some other totally unuseful stuff such as baro, fuel injection amount and APP (relative TP is the only thing you need to tune). Replace two of those with timing advance and actual AFR, eventually desired AFR, to see where you are with your MAF cal which I suspect may be the culprit in this case.
Moreover, there is no target boost tuning with versatuner unless you've set the load targets very high (above, say, 2.5 or even 3) and you're relying on the throttle reduction and fuel cut boost protection tables.

A list of modifications of your engine may also help.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hello,

thanks for the answers.

important mods:cylinder head and intake is modified. Intake-Flap control is removed. Fuel pump KME v2 . ATP 3 Zoll MAF,
Bosch 3bar MAP, K1 connecting rods, Wiseco Pistons, Mahle reinforced liners. crankshaft machining, big FMIC,ITV22 ......

Gruß Martin
Attachments
GTX30_76 Basismap Aktuell v1.04.rar
current tune
(84.64 KiB) Downloaded 715 times
VersaTuner Logs AFR.zip
log with boost controller fot AFR etc
(21.29 KiB) Downloaded 683 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Ok, so you need to increase the Injector duty cycle from 80 to 100 (it's under the Fueling section).
I'd also change the MAP sensor calibrations from 6.353/65.88/1 to 5.41/65.78/1. Your calibration is just a bit different so this change is not critical, therefore it's just a cosmetic change to see where your boost is more accurately.

Your target AFR's are leaner, you're targeting like 11.46 because with your engine you simply can do that as well as revving up to 7300 which is sick :) So the injectors should be able to keep up if you change the max injector duty cycle in your tune. In this last log the injector duty cycle values did not go over 100% anymore but they exceed 95% after 6700rpm (and above that they are 96-98%).

To calculate the injector duty cycle export your log as CSV, open it in openoffice or excel, and add a column which is rpm*inj pulse width / 600 (basically rpm*injpw/60/1000*100 - to display it as a 0-100 percent number).

You should really consider having your car tuned by an e-tuner, your tune is pretty much like the stock tune with raised limits and targets, leaner AFR's and a bit higher timing, while it could be a lot better. I had a very pleasant experience with Lex, I totally recommend this guy. You will make more power, make it a lot smoother (and have the current boost oscillations fixed (you have a grimspeed and stock compensation tables) and more reliable.
At the moment the wastegate duty cycles obviously suffer from that max injector duty cycle limit. Change that, see what happens and please let us know, maybe we can improve together a few things even before you get to hire a professional e-tuner.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hello,

Here's a new log with 100% Injector duty cycle...The boost pressure curve is much better.but target load is not achieved at high RPM and WGDC is low

The weather in Germany is currently just very bad for the MPS. :screwy aso I can not drive :banghead

best regards, Martin
Attachments
GTX30_76 Basismap Aktuell v1.05.rar
(84.66 KiB) Downloaded 757 times
VersaTuner Logs100% Dc.zip
(8.07 KiB) Downloaded 711 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

You're not logging AFR and ignition timing... drop barometric pressure and fuel injection amount and replace them with actual AFR and timing. The log resolution is more than one second while it should be like 200-240ms, probably one of these sensors report very slow which is slowing down the entire logging process significantly.

Another thing is that there is quite a lot of KR and that will lead to richer AFR's which will push the injector duty cycle past 100%. If you export your current log to CSV and calculate the injector duty cycle from the injector pulse width you will see that it goes above 100% at line 32 and 35 and 38, and it's pretty close to 100% in between. This means that the injectors remain open trying to keep up with the fueling demands and it's because of the KR and also because of the stock fueling system limitations.

With the stock fueling system you will not be able to go much further than load 2.3 or so in the higher RPM range (past 6000rpm). Commanding 2.8 can be done just to avoid the load/boost correction tables to come in effect which can make the boost oscillate too much. But do not expect to hit 2.8 anywhere or 2.5 past 4500rpm.
The solution to get a bit more power from the fuel you have is to command leaner AFR's but I don't know how lean you can go with what you currently have on the car, and you're already commanding 11. Maybe try commanding 11.35 and see what happens? But you will have to lower the timing with at least 0.5 degrees.

So you will have to identify those spots where you're above 100% injector duty cycle and bring boost a bit down until you're at 96-98%. In your tune the Max injector duty cycle is set to 96%, not at 100%. Set it to 100% even if at the moment this will not bring you any benefit.

So set the injector duty cycle to 100%, fix the logging and take another one or two logs from 3000-3200rpm close to the rev limit. Ideally in 5th gear on the autobahn eventually, for better resolution, just because you can :)
I still think you'd get better results if you hire a professional e-tuner such as Lex from Stratified Auto. He tuned my car with versatuner and I'm very happy with the results. Self tuning is fun, I'm doing it myself as well but only now after I've got a really stable and safe tune from Alex. But hiring a professional will always lead to better results just because they have more experience and spot problems which we can't see.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hello,
it is possible to tune a 6 port injector system (R4 controller ) with Versatuner in Load Targeting Mode? So getting my boost could not control in the Load mod.
Target boost = 2,2 BAR

Thank you for help
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The additional fueling injection system will come with its own controller and will start spraying based on various inputs: boost, MAF voltage, and so on. With versatuner you will only have to command more load at a given RPM and the additional fueling system should take care of that from that point on.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Martin

Post by Martin »

... the point on, from additional fueling system is a Problem. through the missing air mass in the map,extremer boost pressure ,to again reach load values.
I hope Stratified can help me for my tuning.

Thank you mituc